Thursday, July 16, 2015

I've had ENOUGH!


I usually do not do controversial post.  I stay far, far away from HOT topics at all costs. 

But you know what?  






Today.  Yes, Today, I have had it "up to here"!










I have family members fighting. I have friends fighting.  It is crazy!  It seems like no matter where we turn...someone is offended by something





Yes, you all know what I am talking about, so don't sit there and act like you don't!


One person thinks the Minion movie has curse words in it, the other thinks that algea blooms are going to kill us all. (I can neither confirm, nor deny this statement)  Others are complaining about that parent...you know the one..that made a silly mistake or posted something that they meant to be funny, but we think it was inappropriate and will ruin their kids forever.  






I mean, do I have to continue... really...








I know you have all seen these rants...and more, which shall remain nameless. They are sometimes on blog posts, social media accounts....  Sometimes they will say "An Open Letter To (you fill in the blank!)."    Following this sweet dear diary opening, is a verbal assault focusing on belittling, bashing and name calling  (oh no she/he didn't!) when that person does not share the same opinion



I guess, the thing is...well, we are all individuals. We are so lucky to live in a country where there is freedom of speech, for both opinions in such case!  


Guess what I am seeing though... Adults (well...TBD) fighting on social media.  I see them turning words, spinning them to make them the victim (and yes, both sides are guilty), using name calling and foul language. It then escalates to derogatory racist or sexual comments directed at the person whom they do not agree with.  They bully.  They belittle.  They, well, like I said...are not acting like Adults!

It has gotten absolutely out of control.  I actually HATE my social media accounts these days because every-time I look at anything, there is a fight ensuing just under the surface. (not to mention the bad things that Nancy Grace likes to trickle in my new feed to just depress my entire day!)

I think it is time for me to put my foot down people...and tell you ALL to:



S T O P ! ! ! 



Seriously, it has gotten out of hand.  Yes, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but, since when is:

 YOUR opinion the ONLY opinion.  



You want to post things on your Social Media account, wait for a reaction, then go ape shit crazy (yea, it's totally a thing!)  on those who may or may not have valid points and want to shine a little light on your one sided opinion.  









No one is telling you to preach this other opinion, but perhaps it can (or can not) give you perspective into someone else's mind.   









And truth be told people, the Media...they are not speaking words of bond...THEY LIE ya'll!



I know some of you are heart broken right now by that realization, but it's OK.  

We are all entitled to think what we wish.  We all have freedom of speech, however, that freedom does NOT mean that we do not have freedom from the consequences of our said speech!






Whew... I know what you all are thinking...I am bringing the HEAT today!  





When YOU put something online, it is out there FOREVER! Let's repeat that... FOREVER!   It is there for EVERYONE to see.  You can't hide from it.  You can't deny it once your name is associated to it. Your words are your own, so preach them carefully on that good old Social Media Network that you choose as your outlet and try to NOT brainwash others into your ideals


Now I want to go to that ugly five (5) letter word that I wish did not exist.  In our children, YES, Life at Gray Gables just went through a whole year of this (in Kindergarten, people) of BULLY-ing.  It is NOT OK for our children to BULLY.  

So, why is it OK for parents to bully one another online?  

Would you say these things if you were having a conversation with this person because they did not agree with YOU?  

It is in these moments that a keyboard is turned into a WEAPON of sorts as the words you spew are coming from a hurtful/hateful place.  I don't think that this is OK at all people.



Now, to reiterate, I am NOT saying that you should agree with everyone. That is crazy talk!  I don't even agree with everyone.  



However, I think that when you choose to share your OPINION, act respectfully.  Understand that before you post that you will get negative feedback because, after all, this is YOUR opinion.  



If someone does not agree with  you, why do you feel the need to respond back to them? 

Let it go! 
(Thank you Anna and Elsa!)


Are these people's lives so sad that they have nothing better to do but troll and respond to those who feel different than they do?  I really just don't understand. 


I need to bring truth to you all also...I have seen adults have a civilized discussion.  
Shocking, right! 

I have seen a heated debate of two opposing political sides, they did not agree, but both listened to the other and instead of trying to convince the other side to... well, join them on their DARK SIDE, they shut up and listened.  


It's just an opinion people. And everyone is entitled to their own. 


My Motto:  To each their own!

At the end of the day, only YOU can control what you post online and how you take the response to said post. 

However, words to leave you with... 
"If  you can't say something nice...don't say anything at all!"

I think we all have forgotten this, which is a shame.

That's all.

Book is closed...



No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...