- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in chopped onion (and mushrooms if adding) and saute until tender. Add in garlic powder. Briskly whisk in the flour until a thick dough forms. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Very slowly add in the milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Spray a large slow cooker (6 qt) with nonstick spray.
- Pour in the creamy base. Top with the whole package of Hashbrowns and shredded cheddar cheese. (note: if you like cheese, top with full cup)
- Add salt and pepper and stir together.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Remove the lid and allow to cook for an additional 30 minutes to an hour to get crisp on top. Depending on crock pot, may need to watch.
- Top with toppings of choice, such as bacon, parsley, seasoning.
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole
Who is ready for a yummy, crockpot pleaser?
Can you resist those potatoes?
How about that cheese?
And don't get me started on the bacon!
This Hashbrown Casserole is so good, super simple to put together and a great way to use that crockpot that you tell yourself you are going to use more....but then, you don't. Plus, the prep is not to bad!
Of course, I would say, this would be excellent for breakfast, but...let's face it...I love HASHBROWNS and will admit to eating them for dinner on multiple occasions. Hey, at least I am honest!
I love hashbrowns so much that I went to Sam's Club twice this month and without even thinking, picked up the 6 lb. bag both trips. (Opp!) I just get out my handy dandy scale and weigh out my 20 ounces from my jumbo bag. (Hunny, guess what, your having Hashbrown Casserole for breakfast and lunch...all week!)
Serves: 6 to 8 (as a side)
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (can use frozen)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 package (20 ounces) Ore-Ida shredded Hashbrowns (can get at Sam's Club)
3/4 - 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper (your discretion)
Optional Topping: 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms, cooked and chopped bacon, fresh parsley.
Monday, August 31, 2015
SWEET N' SOUR CHICKEN
Sweet and sour chicken is one of my favorite childhood meals. My Dad, who is a retired Firefighter, would make this often in our house, growing up. It is pretty quick to make and delicious. One of my favorites, to this day. I have modified my Dad's recipe a little to suite the taste buds of Hubby and I, but it is packed with flavors and a bit that makes us come back for more!
Don't forget your bed of rice, underneath. It brings this dish to life!
Can add in:
Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...
Have you ever dreamed of earning a steady paycheck without having to leaving your house? These easy work-at-home job ideas wil...
Writing Challenge WORD OF THE DAY: WASH I was still processing all my thoughts when we arrived at the station. Mac still intently lis...
Although networking is a great way to learn about job openings, checking sites that list advertised openings is also very helpful. The follo...