Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Diary of a...ehh... "GOOD WIFE" ?

What does that even mean?  What is the definition of a (quote/unquote) Good Wife?

Isn't every relationship different? Doesn't every couple finds their place in regards to roles and what works...or doesn't?

Are you dying and trying to live up to these Good Wife standards?

WELL....WAKE UP...THIS IS AN UNATTAINABLE GOAL.

Whew...sorry for the yelling, but it needed to be said.

I love the reads about being a "Good Wife" or a "Being a More Godly Wife" and don't even get me started on "Motherhood" because that's a whole other can of worms.

I am guilty of setting the bar high in these two areas, alone. Desperately trying to find this fairy tale castle where I am not only spotless, full of energy but doting as well.

I am a long way from this image!

Instead I am working my ass off to take my kids on a vacation...you know, outside of our vanity or general area...i.e. Disney.

I am working my ass off so that we can pay our property tax and possibly...quite possibly... fix my big old SUV so it stops clunking around town.

I don't see my Hubby... Monday - Friday (two ships passing in the night, type thing) and I literally get three (3) hours time with my kids each week night evening.

So, based on these tidbits, I would define myself as a Failure in the Good Wife category...let alone Good Mom category.

But, of course, this is based on someone else's standards, right.

This is where those little things that everyone talks about come into play. You see, I might not see my Hubby, or talk to him, but I make sure I text him...something everyday.

I make sure that I tell him I love him.

Is it enough....hell no, but it is something that I stay religious with. (Seriously, I just want to kiss his face!)

I make sure I tell my kids I love them, whether they are sleeping, or if it's my late weeks and I get to at least see their faces that morning.

Am I a failure?

Well, no.

I'm doing what I have to right now. Trust me, it hurts....like hell to not be here for my family. It down right SUCKS. But. I don't have a choice.

This is where my prayers to help my family get through this time and a wish for a better road ahead come in.

Dang it! It's hard when you just want to be a Mom/ Wife...but you have this thing...called WORK that just gets in your way!

Make your own definition. Create your own standards.

And, keep your head up!

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...