Sunday, June 28, 2015

Junami...yeah its a thing...

Saturday, June 27th 2015

Well in case you didn't know, I live in Ohio. I started my day by waking up to rain. Upon further inspection, I notice a lovely pond in the neighbors back acreage...un, where there is supposed to be a field...which is now missing.

So, as I carry on with my day, and as more rain falls, steadily I might add, this said "pond" has now grown to the front acreage of the neighbors lot.

As I continue with my day, and as we edge towards evening, this rain has yet to simmer down, let alone STOP, and as I look out back of my own acreage I can see a SHOCKING scene unfolding.

Our drains have now backed up and my pond has grown (yes, an actual, real pond) and the drive to our pole barn (behind our house) is now covered with a third "pond" . 

UT oh!

Houston....we have a problem.

Hubby jumped to his feet, panic and a few choice curse words lingering in his dust as he grabbed the old fire boots my Dad had left at our house.

The news was not good. Upon opening the pole barn door, Hubby was greeted with as much water as he had traps ed through to get to his destination.

The problem...well my beautiful cherry vanity for our master bath was now sitting in about 7-8 inches of standing water. Cabinets for our laundry room were in the same boat.

We had to call in reinforcements to help lift the incredibly heavy furniture up and onto blocks before it was all ruined.

By the time we had the kids in bed the water was rising. It was a quick thinking move for Hubby to put his 63' Impala up, due to the water now half covering the exhaust.

Junami your a mother ... 

It only got worse...we checked on our basement....and it was wet...eek!

The nightmare began again.  The sump pump was pumping was working OT and struggling.

All is well, as the impeding water finally, slowly, started to dissipate.

But, we still have the seemingly uphill battle with the pole barn as our pond became one with our backyard and still water is what is left, causing issues with our Boom Lift, the cars and our stuff.

This blows!

Mother Nature needs a drink cause she has lost her Damn mind ...

To bed I go, to try and get some sleep. Let's hope the water drains by the morning...maybe we can salvage some of our stuff still.

Signing off from the SS Gray Gables ship at sea, Junami survive...I hope...2015.

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...