Keywords: Purpose, Business, Journey of Self Discovery
For some of us, being able to make a living from what we feel called to do is the ultimate dream. Ya'll know that this is true for me, as you have watched and read my articles about living a free life!
The thing is...this can be hard to know where to even begin...and it often stays just a dream.
I have a little exercise below that will give you a simple and clear PLAN of how you can turn your purpose into a business.
When you create your PLAN you can either implement it (if it's a low risk and easily validated business), or use this PLAN to carry out further research (if it's a business with a higher risk). And this plan here is super simple- just four steps.
So, let's get going!
1. Write down your purpose
2. List your skills, commitments and interests
- Under skills, you’re going to write down every skill you have; the official ones, the life ones, and the secret skills that no one even knows you have. This includes any qualifications, musical or fitness skills, work skills, people skills. Absolutely everything you can think of.
- Under prior commitments, list all the bigger commitments and responsibilities you have in your life. This includes your partner, your family, your job, your mortgage, your bills, any roles you hold in your community. This is really important. We all have things in our life that we need to take into account when making big life decisions. And you want to be sure you’re bringing your purpose to life in a way that actually fits where your life is now, so that it doesn’t stay an unattainable dream. Once you have your list, and mark a little cross by any you won’t take into consideration, and a tick by those you will.
- Finally, list all of your interests. Anything from hobbies to lifelong passions and just things you love. You might have an overlap on your skills list, like graphic design or photography. This is fine.
3. Get Creative
4. Plan and Prioritize
- Write children’s books
- Write children’s cookbooks
- Speak in schools
- Implement a program around healthy eating in schools
- Create a kids food and cooking channel on YouTube
- Run local school holiday programs
- Host kid friendly cooking/gardening/health lessons
- Write books aimed at parents, teachers and caregivers
- Write a blog or create a website to sell your own and affiliate products
- Hosting local yoga classes
- Selling yoga videos online
- Develop a program or class that you license to other yoga instructors
- Creating an eBook
- Creating a website and blog to host your products and others to sell
- Developing a line of products such as clothing, yoga mats and equipment
- Creating a membership site where people can follow along online - each class is live for 24 hours
- Create a 1:1 service for new mums that’s part yoga, part health coaching, part meditation
- Or, offer the same yoga/health coaching/meditation service in small, exclusive groups
- Baking to order from a commercial kitchen
- Having a physical bakery
- Hosting baking classes
- Making online videos to promote your work
- Creating a published cookbook
- Creating a self-published eBook