Friday, April 18, 2014

Warning: Today was a Good Day!

How often are we blessed with one of those days when the earth aligns with the universe and our day becomes much better for just that reason?

 

I have relief and still a bit of anxiety over the unknown today. I awoke at 5:00 a.m., not so much due to my internal alarm clock, but instead due to the pungent smell that was invading my nostrils as I slept. What was that smell, you ask? Ahh...a Skunk, of course... Our entire house reeked of said smell and was literally gagging Hubby and I. It even managed to invade our soon to be three years olds senses. So more than half of my house was awake and tired! The smell seemed to be growing more intense as the seconds, minutes, then hours passed. It was unbearable. We finally opened windows and waited for it to dissipate to the point that we were no longer contemplating an evacuation from the premises. 
My thoughts were, "Oh My God, who does that? Who has a Skunk spray inside their home?" Of course, it was inside, probably at the end of our home in a room that has no floor. Our area seems to have a large ration of skunks right now and of course one just happened to enter our home and spray. 
I sought shelter for my little one in her sisters room, who was not experiencing the smell as intense as the rest of the house, and went back to my own room, pulled the covers over my face, opened my mouth and tried to catch a few more zzz's.  It apparently worked because I awake after eight, fresh and feeling good, just cold from the Windows all being wide open!

It was time to eat, get girls ready and wake up Hubby for a quick trip to the store before I took the girls to my grandmothers to dye Easter eggs.

Everything went off without a hitch. Even got Hubby's birthday present, a Char Broil Charcoal grill, which he was super excited about! Cook out tonight! YESS!

A little after noon, we headed to my Grandma's and had lunch and while the girls dyed eggs with my Mom and Grandma, I headed for Meijers. I have been a bad Mommy this year and have not had time to sneak away for candy and sorts, until today, that is!

Well, over one hundred and fifty bucks later, I am all set with these things..can't wait to get them all together! #excited!

Picked up my little ladies, who had a blast and had beautiful Easter eggs to prove it! We headed home for some outside time, dinner (which Hubby cooked on his new Grill) and wrapped up our evening with a whiny soon to be three yo. 

To bed they went, without a hitch.  Another day for the books but gosh darn it, it was a good one!

Hope yours is well also!

Happy Good Friday.

~KEL~

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...