Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A letter to my Kindergartener

To Adventures, New and Old...


Monday, August 25th 2014

Today you embark on a great journey, as you get dressed, brush your teeth and eat your Cocoa Puffs (yes, after you wanted something "healthy" and requested Honey nut Cheerios and did NOT like them!) - you gather your things, including the lunch that you helps Mommy put together, and we make our way to the end of the drive, a.k.a. The Bus Stop.

I take the chairs, so you and Sis can sit and relax while we wait our 15 minutes for the arrival of the big yellow #72. It is a BIG day for you, whether you know it or not and an EVEN BIGGER day for Mommy.  I feel the butterflies, the tears well in my eyes, my heart skip a beat as the anxiety of my First Born baby getting on the school bus and leaving for the ENTIRE day.  I worry all those things that Moms are supposed to worry about...will you find your bus after school, will you be able to get your lunch all opened by yourself, will you be able to button your pants at your potty breaks.  I worry about you being tired and getting cranky, as you usually do!  I worry about you making friends and sharing and talking back to the teacher.  I know this is ALL normal for a Mom to do, but as much as I worry, I also know that this is an important day for you.  I remember your face as you enter the bus and find your seat.  You smile and wave and I can tell that you GOT THIS!  I am proud.

It is now that I am able to reflect on my fears and turn them into something positive.  You are an amazing young lady and I am truly honored to be your Mom.  You make me proud in so many ways.  I love you more than I could ever show you and can not believe what a great child you have been. (I can say this earnestly, having my second one going through horrible threes!)  Being your parent is one of the greatest gifts in my life. (I think your Dad can agree!)

I want you to know that I notice your kindness, as you help your Sister dress her baby doll, or put toothpaste on your toothbrushes. I notice when you help her put on the witches costume when you play Bubble Witch and dress up.  I notice all the little things that you do, even when you think that I am not paying attention.

I love that we have embarked on Chapter books and love your eagerness to read. You will be reading in no time kiddo, I promise!  I am very proud of you and although I miss you terribly, not seeing your face until after four o'clock, I know that you are learning and happy, and behaving.  I will also hold the day we spent together before you Kindergarten test, when it was just you and me, and although I had to work, you were such a great listener, a good helper and we had such a good lunch together!

I hope that your education challenges you, allows you to be the person I know you will be one day.  I hope that you make friends, enjoy your childhood and have FUN.  That is all I ever wanted for my children, to make memories that will stay with you as you grow older. Good memories!

I believe in you.  I believe in what you can do, what you will be and who you will become.  You are destined for greatness, I have known this since the day you were born. You have a purpose on this planet and if you listen, you will find it and if you follow, you will become.  As you Mom, I promise to always be here, to push you, to test your limits, to help you strive to always be better, do better and find happiness, no matter what or where that road might take you.  I promise to always love you and comfort you and listen.

You are my bug, always have been, always will be...and I love you Kiddo.  You and Sis are my world.

Love you forever and always...to the moon and back...

Mom~

8/25/2014

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...