Friday, August 22, 2014

The night the Music stopped..

Last Night..the music stopped...


Well, Brahms Lullaby by Celine Dion, at least.  It is a sign that my house is getting older and I am saddened by it!  I mean, I knew this day would come, maybe not so soon, but I knew, didn't I?  We are battling another...yes, another Summer Cold as my oldest starts school.  We are all a little more cranky, than usual, and tired.  So, I put in H2O for my BIG 5 yo and nestled her into bed around 7:30 p.m. last night, snug as a bug.  I mimicked the method with my 3 year old, but instead of mermaid, she wanted Minnie Mouse.  I had thought all was well, until about 8:30 p.m. when Miss 3 came down announcing that she was "tireerd" so I went back up to settle her once again in her bed, only to find Minnie Mouse over and per her request, it was time to turn off the TV, she wanted her "music."  Her wish, of course, is my command.  I turned off the TV and hit the button for her iPod on the dock and immediately, Brahms Lullaby blasted out of the speakers. "No, Mommy, I don't want this." "OK, you want music off?" "No, diffrent music pwease."  Yes, my heart sunk a little at this request.  Sure, there were other "songs" on the iPod, but never had she asked for anything else.  So, I ran off the list of what music was on her iPod, we went through Dora, Tinkerbell, Barbie... that was it, she wanted Barbie, but not just Barbie, she wanted Princess and the Pop Star. Lucky for her, there it was!  I switched it on and it wasn't even before I left the room she was already sailing off to dream land.  And, I was standing in her dark room, with Perfect Day playing in the background of my thoughts. How sad! My baby was growing up, no a baby any more.


I think that over the past two weeks, a lot has happened for this Mom. I mean, I am putting my 5 year old into ALL day school. It is scary! I mean, sending her off on a bus, early in the morning and not seeing her until after four o'clock in the afternoon. This is new for me too!

Then, my baby is gaining independence and mastering her newly learned not listening skills. Ugh, three is tough! Definitely not my favorite!  I am going to miss the lullaby that would echo through the hallway in the middle of the night. Now we are greeted with Tinkerbell Fairies from one room and Barbie Pop-star from the other- our house is jamming at night! (Party anyone!)


But the good news is that she slept well.  That is what it is all about!


So, goodbye Lullaby.  You were in my life for over 5 years, but it is time to move on.  Thank you for helping my little ladies have endless nights of sleep.  You will be missed but never forgotten.


Signed, a Mom tearfully saying Good bye to my Last Baby who is now a BIG GIRL...



I now have BIG GIRLS.  (tear)

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...