Friday, February 27, 2015

Why I am SO Glad it's FRIDAY!


Wow


It has been a ROUGH week for this girl!  




We lost a friend's Mother, which is so sad.  

We lost a tooth, well my six year old did. (the tooth fairy came last night and can you believe that she did NOT leave a sparkly dollar like she did with the first tooth lost? The nerve!)  







And my full time position has shifted to a part-time position




SAY WHAT?

Ouch is all I have to say.  


I mean, look around Old Gray Gables...We have  A TON left to do and on half of my salary...it's scary.  
The Laundry Room- in progress!


Our Kitchen...still in progress....



My initial reaction was shock.  





I was blind sided.  I mean, I have this position, it is not necessarily where I want to be...as in Long-Term...but it is from Home (perk) and I am seeing...KINDA...my kids grow up.  If I go back out into the "real world" I feel like I am going to miss everything.



Hubby's initial reaction...

'Well finish that Medical Coding program and GET A FULL TIME JOB."  He obviously lacks my vision here.  He is not seeing that our kids only have us....and if he takes on the role he previously had...as in when I worked outside of the home, of getting kids up and off, cutting into his sleep schedule...we are back to a ZOMBIE lifestyle that we were in not long ago. (Ugh...just nine short months to be exact) 





But, I know that taking a pay cut means the "good life" is on HOLD.   No more splurges on arts and crafts...no more buying a book because I so want to read it...no more getting Hubby that special treat because I know he likes it...




Nope..Nu uh...Those days....my friend...are OVER.  


We are on a BUDGET.  A tight one too!  It is a coupon Monday for this little lady.  It is...a well calculated LIST at the store.   It is a life without EXTRAS cause them bills need to get paid and they won't pay themselves...



But a part-time position sounds intriguing to me. 

 I mean, I have held this family up for...well...the duration of my life with Hubby.  I have always worked.  I mean always!  I worked up until the day I gave birth to both of my girls, then took the allotted six weeks to return the VERY day I was to go back with no exception. I speak the truth

Now I get to imagine...even if for a SHORT time...a  20 hour a week work life with Friday's OFF?  


Sounds SO amazing! 

But, again, it will be short lived.  I will HAVE to get back out into the "real world" even though I know I will be kicking and screaming


Resentment will BE HAD, that much I am sure of!  

It is hard to digest from Hubby's perspective also.  He believes VERY strongly that my BUTT is to WORK.  This angers me, greatly! Sorry, but not sorry!

I just want a BREAK. I strongly believe GOD has the higher power here. There is a path that I am supposed to find and this is what this means






SUBJECT CHANGE...

So, speaking of God, I did something CRAZY. (yes, think Anna and Hans! I am totally dancing around here!)  I seriously certified to be an Ordained Minister



Wait...What? 

Who in God's Name does this? 

Uh um-mm...this GIRL.  




Yes, I am marrying my Brother and his Partner...if Ohio would get on BOARD.  

Whoo hoo.  






I can even start a church online. 
What?  

I know nothing of the bible, let's just be clear on that note.  But, how exciting, right.  


I can marry people. 

That is amazing. I love weddings.  (Yes, I am still in ANNA mode!)






Ahh..life is interesting and mine is NO exception. My poor Hubby.  


BTW I have not broken the news to him yet...I wonder how he will take it? 




Happy Friday all!  




  

The Sunrise this morning!
"Let the brightness of the sun shine light upon a new day." ~ka


New horizons...even though it is NOT exactly the path I was expecting..so soon.  Being a MOM is tough..and I just want to be with my girls.




Until tomorrow...


~Kel




No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...