Monday, December 16, 2013

2 Words every Parent NEVER wants to hear...

Yes, we live in a remodeled house.  Although our 1st floor is flustercuck (see what I did there!) - our 2nd floor is pretty much complete- minus a few doors here and there.   The girls rooms are set up, toys are all over, cubbies and doll houses and bins full of stuff.  Their rooms are usually a disaster, unless Mommy is around and usually on her hands and knees - picking up, with threats of throwing it all away spewing from her mouth as she continues to carefully place the discarded items in their appropriate bins.
My 4 yo has been antsy lately.  She can not seem to find anything to engage her.  She plays here and there, but not like my 2 yo, who leaves no bin unturned. She has been into her Princess dolls lately, dressing them, undressing them, re-dressing.  She pretends they are going to parties and on adventures. This seems to be the extent of her play. 
We recently put a computer in her room so that she has access to ABC Mouse (I am only paying for a year- would be nice if she used it!) - but even that does not seem to engage her.  She plays, she works on her coloring - but she can not seem to get involved enough to complete a lesson. I have tried to sit with her, and that seems to help a little, but she is just BUSY!
So, yesterday, the dreaded words escaped her mouth.  She was sliding down the stairs, over and over again.  Yes, she does have rug burn on the backs of her legs, told ya so! I asked her repeatly to STOP (I was about to lose my mind) and she says, "But Mom, Im BORED!"  - what? What do you mean your BORED?  Do you even know what that means?  I told her to go find something to do because when she gets antsy, her listening ears forget to work.
She is 4- how can she possibly be bored?  Yesterday, our day consisted of Play-Doh, baby dolls, Magiclip Princesses, Pretend Play, Uno, they played with musical instruments and colored. That is a lot of stuff to do and we still have barbies, doll houses, Dora, Dress up, beauty shop, etc.
On the bright side, we had to run a late errand, got home around 6 and took the girls outside.  Ms. 2 yo hated it!  She cried to come in because she was cold!  Ms. 4 yo stayed out until after 7 and only came in because her Hot Cocoa was ready!
I guess I better get ready, I think she is going to be my outdoorsy girl. Now we are in the coutnry, I think she is going to have a blast!

But, I am loving this:

Vibrant Designs - great idea for the kids - especially school holidays!

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...