Friday, December 6, 2013

Its ALL about An American Girl.. named Ruthie?

Oh, the time has come for our family to be introduced to Ruthie, an American Girl Doll and Kit's BFF.  Hubby is not thrilled, but Mom is Super Excited!  Ms 4 YO picked Ruthie in her catalog and it was a HUGE decision for me to try to incorporate this gift in our Christmas.  The plus is that we started a tradition with our kids in which they get a few gifts from Mom and Dad.  Well, 4 YO is getting AG and 2 YO is getting a Barbie Jeep Power Wheels car (only because 4 YO has a power wheel 4 wheeler and a power wheel dune car thing and 2 YO cant reach the pedals on either). 

I fully intended to get the doll- but, due to it being Cyber Monday, I ended up getting the doll, some clothes, a braid headband and a bed for this dang blasted doll.

So, I went through this process of debating whether to get the girl at Christmas or for 4 YO's bday, which is in February.  My idea was to take her to AG for her 5th birthday.  The store in Ohio is about a hour and a half away and they have an Afternoon Tea that she would die at a chance to attend!

After some talks with the elders of the family, it was a go.  One of my cousins recommended I call soon because they book up FAST!  So, today was the day.  I sat at my desk in my blue cube, taking notes from the website to make my BIG call!

The line rang and a voice comes over, super nice, walking me through the process.  I was interested in learning more about the Birthday Package vs. the Tea.  Well, the Tea was right for my 4 yo- BUT, of course, it is only available for 4!!  Well, there is 4 YO, 2 YO, Me, Mom and Grandma- um, that's 5 YO!

So, I booked it for her BIG day- but has some talking to do with the elders.

We were interested in the Birthday Party but that would mean the Men would have to come.  I talked it over with Hubby and was not so nicely greeted with a HELL NO, I am not going to a doll store to have an expensive party for a girl and her doll.  Way to take on for the team Daddy-o.

Oh, well.  We are going to try to find another way! I think that this is going to be the best, most memorable 5th Birthday that I can give her.

I just can't wait to get the dang doll!  She should be here any day.  Ruthie is super cute with her long brown hair and gray eyes, much like my Ms. 4 YO.

I am SO Excited!

XOXO ~K
American Girl Ruthie - American Girl

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...