Monday, December 23, 2013

Have I paid my dues...yet?

This article is great to keep in mind with the Holidays quickly approaching!    " lots of time off from work between Thanksgiving and Christmas -- has the potential to be even more stressful than being at the office."    "That's why a week off is nice in theory, but in reality it often means you spend the week(s) before your vacation cramming in two weeks of work - http://www.salary.com/time-off-without-losing-mind/


Have you paid your Dues at work yet?

Well, this week is exceptionally stressful for me!  I not only have a million holiday things to get ready, but I also have to work!  Yes, I said it, that four letter word that I WISH I didn't have to bring up, but, I am one of the unlucky ones who will be bundling up at five a.m. to set off to that wonderful place I call W-O-R-K!

I was talking to a co-worker today, who thinks it is RIDICULOUS that once again, another year, I am working on Christmas Eve!  Especially when my back-up does not have kids.  It is pretty amazing!  I have always given up the day before and after the holidays to those co-workers who had children, before I had kids- but that has NEVER been the case in my current place of employment.  I think, personally, I have PAID MY DUES!  I have had children for 4 years now and get screwed on Thanksgiving, having to work Black Friday, every year for the past 5, and the day before Christmas, every year for the past 5!  Last  year I was suppose to have the time off, but over my summer vacation I get a phone call in which my co-worker is frantic to trade so she can go on a trip to Vegas.  Me, begin the DUMB ASS that I am, flexes to allow it and then she doesn't even end up going on her vacation, but she sure as hell didn't offer me back my days.

Here I am again, in a new house, and I work Christmas eve! Oh joy!  I also had to work the day after Thanksgiving and the days around the fourth of July!  I'm so lucky!  It is getting old, considering that I have lots of presents to wrap (OK, so I already have everything ready to go- well almost everything!) - and a 2 and 4 year old that I would LOVE to spend tomorrow with.  Oh well, I guess I can just chalk it all up to the fact that I am STILL Paying my Damn Dues!

All I want for Christmas is time off!!  But my time starts December 26th and I cant wait!!!  Bring it!

Happy Holidays all!

Maybe just no shirt. Don't think I want to see my coworkers bottoms!

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...