Thursday, July 3, 2014

A letter to my Hubby...July 2014


Through the years our lives have changed so much.  

We have gone from just the two of us to the three of us and finally to the four of us and with that we have learned how to be a TEAM, how to handle everyday life, no matter how hard it has been.  We have overcome many obstacles in our journey and grown together because of them.  It has been a challenge to learn how to share love and how to find time and how to circle back around to having a relationship with one another with children.  

Love this. When parenting you need to be able to laugh and love the person who is taking the journey with you.

I can't say it better than this:

There have been days when you walk in the door and I didn't even turn around. I was preoccupied!  Whether it was filling sippy cups and wiping booties, I was too busy. Then the times when I had to shout over running bath water, "Hey, Glad you are home!" But it didn't mean what it used to mean. You know those days when we did not have children. When the meaning was full of eager anticipation to spend time together

Instead, it was full of expectation to aid in the demands of the family.  "Glad you're home,"  more properly translated to, "Thank God for two extra hands to help me."  And, "Ahh, I might get five minutes alone."

Motherhood Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

Then the days came when I spent every last ounce of myself on our children.  The demands of life and the kids came before any other priority.  What little of me that I had left at the end of the day was used to crawl into bed before someone awoke to need me all over again.  the thought of doing anything else after the children were asleep sounded impossible and your happy smile could and should ONLY mean you were willing to get up with the baby and nothing more.

You had once completed my heart and then you become one more person who needed me. The charming things that I fell for went completely unnoticed. The daily grind will become expected.

There have been many times when I was at my wit's end wearing other people's food and poop on my clothes.  I still needed to hear that I was beautiful, but I wasn't listening to you.  I needed to know that I was still love-able, but I didn't want you near me. When you arrive home after meeting the demands of work, I expected you to meet the demands of your family.  I would hear none of your exhaustion, and you would be oblivious to mine.

I know that when you would call home to ask a quick question and anticipated an equally quick conversation, you instead spent time  listening to me talk to our kids, giving out directions to the kids. "Don't climb that!"  or "Don't put that in your mouth!"  You have become accustomed to my outbursts, but I know that you will not forget that there was ever a time when you had my full attention.

I still remember when Mommy becomes my name, but I still remember YOU.  I remember that I am your wife. I remember how much I love and appreciate you now in this moment and then.  I remember your dedication to US.  I remember your love and devotion to ME.  And  then, when the days are long and I just  need a break, I remember to fall into your arms and you are still there for me.

I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife and mother

I have asked that you remember me as your wife. The care and love that I has given all to you, was spilling over to our children.  My love for you has not changed. Give me the grace to be enough even when I doesn't feel like it. Remember when your days are long, mine are too.  Fall in love with me over and over again.

It is so important for us to remember each other. We need to always remember the two of us that made this family.  We have held on  tightly to one another, even through all the changes. There is no greater gift than to walk through parenthood MY your best friend. We are the greatest team. Every single day.


To everyone out there who experiences these changes, I always say that the commercial where they say, "Having a Baby Changes Everything" is so true.  Your life is flipped completely upside down and until you learn to work as a team, it is hard.  It gets easier when you have your second one, but time is not on your side. There is so much of the day that goes to juggling kids that at the end, all you want to do is be alone. This is a challenge that will work itself out, it just take...time.. Oh the irony!

Forget material things...if you really want to give me anything, give me your time.  time and words fuel me. Time and words make me feel like a priority.

We are at a comfortable place in our lives today.  We are juggling a three year old and a five year old and our balance is good. We work together, we have found our way.  Some days are easier than others, but if we work together, instead of against each other, life is a breeze!

We even get date nights every once in a while, which is awesome because I get to reconnect with my best friend.

For my husband, I love you Dennis.

To my Hubby, I love you. I am glad we have stuck together through it all and our children get a household with both their parents loving them. We also show our children that we love each other, which I think is amazing for them to see that for their own relationships in their lives.

I love you!


.. oh my - if you can say this, you have a great relationship. It's also a great test of whether the person is "The One."  I feel like that with my hubby - I am so blessed :-)


~Kel

Read by her sister at her funeral, I remember her voice sounded very like Diana`s.......very poignant.

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...