Monday, July 7, 2014

Post July 4th Blues...

The day came and went...the fireworks are over and I feel blue...



Our 4th of July was nothing short of Great! We went out for some early fireworks on Thursday, 7/3 on my parents boat and it was a good time! We opted to stay home on Friday, 7/4 - and after a visit with a good friend who happens to work at a firework store, we had tons of stuff to light up.  We sat in our 5 acre backyard, started a fire in a pit we made on the fly, and sat back to enjoy not only OUR fireworks but the show our neighbors next door put on. It was awesome and really made me think that it can not get any better than this! 

I even went so far as to let everyone of our friends know it on Facebook and tell them to mark there calendars because our house is the house to be at for the 4th next year! (bring your fireworks! right!!)

Our youngest crashed right before the show - ehh..both nights! and our oldest stayed up well past midnight!  She sat around the fire telling stories about a princess and some nonsense that she was getting into! (She is a really good story-teller!)

It was a great memory to drop in the bank,for sure.  And I think it might even stick with her too!

But, now it is the 7th, and the fireworks are over. Yea, we still have a few sparklers and some poppers left, but no more ka-booms, no more sitting out into the wee hours of the night watching the sky light up with the fantastic colors, no more parachutes flying high or lady bug twirling around (our crazy fireworks!)- instead it is back to the grind.  Back to work, back to bed, back to reality, right!


I know that as we were rolling in the Chevy on the 4th, coming back from the fireworks store, I sat back and watching my Husband smile as my two girls sat so quietly content in the backseat. The moments are so real and one of a kind in those moments.  It is also those moments that make me so grateful for what God has given me, for my little family and all that comes with that- the good, bad and ugly. (and yes, this week had lots of ugly- due to crankiness from lack of sleep and we are all sick- eh!)



It is in these little moments that I can steal where I know that everything WILL be OK. I know that any worry or stress that I am feeling is for nothing. That is unreal, that one little moment can offset the gray hairs that form regularly these days!  Life is good. Sometimes it is so hard to see or even remember that, but this is how God shows us all.  Life is good. 



~KEL

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...