Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's Remodel MAYHEM...AGAIN...

I feel like I am ALL over the place lately!  We are in full swing of "gettin' it done" here at Gray Gables and our house is a MESS!  



I am slowly losing my patience and trying to meet everyone needs as they hit me- which is a LOT since I have my Dad here and Hubby and three major projects taking shape. 

Friday night..late night we dove into our Dining room project.  Last week I had my Dad come over and texture my walls for me to match my living room (which still has the original walls).  Hubby and I cracked open the paint cans and got to work- and boy was that a project!  We started around 11:00 p and finished around 4:00 a. WHOA!  But, it was done!  (well, it did need a second coat the next day...but mostly finished)

Then, Saturday night we put the kids to bed and go to work on the furniture - since I have Jacobean style furniture that was from the late 1880's it was amazing to clean off the dust and find pieces that were still looking great! (A Craigslist buy that I begged for after we bought the house) We got everything set up and the rug that I had in the pole barn down and all that is missing is the chandelier!  It looks great and I am so happy! 

Sunday I had the BIG job of dusting the coffer-ed ceilings.  They are dark mahogany and were nothing short of filthy! I have been saying for the past year that I was decorated for Halloween and this was our Haunted house! (it was getting old!)  They turned out amazing and I am so happy with the end result...although it was SHORT lived- as Sunday's project included tiling the kitchen floor (some more of it- cause it still is not done) and everything from the kitchen was haphazardly placed in my fresh dining room....eek

The best part is that while tile is going on in the Kitchen, my Dad is finishing Jason's (and partly his) drywall project that was started in my laundry room- which means that everything from the laundry room has to go into the kitchen.  Basically there is shit everywhere- making me feel like I am getting ready to lose my mind!

AGHHH... At least my lights twinkle to make me feel bright....



What are you doing to prepare for the holidays?  

What are some big projects that you have taken on recently with a crunch time coming up? 


Happy Holidays from Gray Gables...
~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...