Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The HOLIDAYS are the times when you are SUPPOSED to MISS people...right?







Yesterday was kind of out there for me. 







I mean, I have been suffering from migraine for five days now...going on six (stress...weather?)  and I was just kind of down and out.  Plus, we have the SICKNESS that has inhabited our home.  Feeling like crap all around here.  



But, then, something strange happened.  There was a person who popped into my head...I was thinking of her all day for some reason or another and at the end of my day, she posted on Facebook that she had the WORST DAY EVER.  Strange that she was on my mind.  I guess...not though. We are coming to the Holidays and the realization that this year I will not have a Work Christmas party to get in order or have to decorate the Office (unless you could my home office)  or even have to buy holiday cards/gifts for fellow employees.  

I work at HOME...

my employees are virtual and live half way a crossed the USA. Kind of crazy, if I can say so myself!

After wishing my friend a better day, and letting her know that I miss her and was thinking of her...it kind of way weighting heavy on me.  I guess maybe the fact that I ran into a woman who works where I used to over the weekend on our trip to see Santa might have triggered some of this feeling also. 

My friend is a person who is like a twin to me.  We are not the same age but we grew up in the same neighborhood...which is not by work.  We went to the same High School...she even was bff's with the girl who owned the house I grew up in before we lived there- freaky!  Plus, her Dad is a retired Police Officer...My Dad is a retired Firefighter and I worked for 9-1-1 for said Police jurisdiction.  Weird..right! 

So, maybe it is natural for me to think about that old job...those people I worked along side of for five years and miss...eek I said it...can't take it back now.. MISS them, miss the parties that I always felt SO awkward at...MISS the gifts I would get for those co-workers and MISS the holiday ...uh Cheer...Ba Hum Bug that would echo through the halls!




But, holidays are the times you are supposed to MISS people...right?  

I mean, that is the time of the year when the rest of the Family get's together and when someone is missing..it just naturally happens.  Or seeing something that triggers that memory of what once was...makes you remember something positive about that moment and therefore the MISS begins...




Everything is as it is supposed to be...that much I know, but I will always miss those who are no longer with us...and those who I have left behind.  




You might be behind but you are never forgotten.





Happy Holidays to my Old Peeps at MMO and of course to those who have been in and out of my life!  


May the lights twinkle and the merry surround you and your family during this time! ;)


~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...