Friday, September 11, 2015

A day to Remember...and Reflect and most importantly...NEVER FORGET



  • Do you remember where you were?  

  • Do you remember how you day started? 






I woke up, a Jr. in College and started my day by getting ready.  I remember my Dad watching the news on T.V.  I remember the house being kind of silent and still that morning. We really did not know what was going on. My Mom went to work.  My brother went off to school.  I hung around, waiting till nine o'clock came to leave for class.

Until, it happened. 

I watched with my Dad as a plane headed for one of the towers. I watched in horror, thinking, what is going on? 

From this point, it was kind of a blur.  My Mom came home from work (she worked for the Government at the time) and the news blazed in the background. It was kind of as if the world STOPPED.  I mean, it was surreal.  Like we just stopped moving. Like the earth stopped turning. 

The images were mild compared to what was really happening in New York, Washington in those moments. 
Schools cancelled. Emotions ran high. Shock was prevalent

I remember chatting with my boss at the boutique I worked at and hearing her despair and I remember thinking that this was BAD, really, really, bad.  I was scared for our country. I was scared for my family. This was something that was a direct attack on America and blatant. It was not even isolated to just one area, as the terrorist took to the sky. 

It was within these hours, from 8:45 a.m. until 10:28 a.m. that the world, as I knew it, changed forever. 

I remember talking to my now Hubby, who happened to be at the License Bureau getting plates for the Impala. That car still has a flag on the center console because of this event, something a lot of people don't know. 

America went still.  I think that it is important to tell to the story, to keep this as real as it truly was, to remember those who lost their lives, those who risked their lives to save others. In a blink of an eye America changed. 


This is something that I think is important for my children to understand and know. It is hard to believe that they were not even thought of when this event happened.  The ground shook, literally.  

To say that things are better today is so far from the truth. We, America, is broken. It is so sad to think, from my perspective, that this tragedy happened to America and we stood alone. No one came to our rescue, unlike what America consistently does for others in this world. Innocent people were taken by an act of malicious violence. I am still confused as to what the goal was, other than to kill Americans. 

I am taking some time to remember. I will be more silent than usual today on here because I feel that it is so important to reflect on what has happened, where we are, and how we NEVER FORGET the people, men, women and children, who were innocently taken to soon from this Earth. They deserve that respect. They deserve to be here still and the least that I can do is take time to be silent and remember this day. Please take a moment and remember where you were, how you felt and pass this on to our children, educate them, let them feel remorse and understand that we are not living under a rock. Bad people happen. Bad things happen. What can we do, what can they do to make this World better? 

Never Forget.




No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...