Saturday, September 12, 2015

We've got DINNER COVERED! ~Easy Chicken Stoganoff

EASY CHICKEN STROGANOFF

This recipe is a favorite in my house. (except for the mushrooms- put I use big enough pieces, so they are easily picked out!)  It is super easy for those nights when you are pressed for time. (um, this Mama, like, every night!)  You can even add some pea's to the mix and give it a little different taste. (it is super yummy, I might add!)  

Please note that I love to cook. While I try to follow recipes as they are written, I have found that my "classics" tend to be adapted to what works for our family!  Feel free to copy, share, and adapt!!!
 

 
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 lb. chicken breast, cut in strips
  • 2 cups mushrooms (I use whole, bigger pieces)
  • 1 med. onion, chopped (you can substitute with frozen chopped onions, they work just as great and taste good too!)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 4 cups egg noodles (cook as directed on package)
  • Peas (optional)

Directions:
  1. Cook chicken in 1 tbsp butter. Remove.
  2. Cook mushrooms and onions in remaining butter.
  3. Stir in soup and sour cream.  Heat until boiling.
  4. Return chicken to the pan.
  5. Heat thoroughly.

Serve over noodles.

*toss a salad and add some Italian Bread!  


 

 



 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...