Thursday, July 3, 2014

On my own Personal Fitness Challenge!

I am on a journey..

jouney

I am challenging myself everyday, to be a better person, to be a better ME, to live a better life and to be healthier.  I want what every one wants, whether they admit it or not.  I make mistakes, I have regrets...but I do NOT let them get in the way or progress.  I am not perfect, I never will be, but I can BE better, I can DO better, I can LIVE better!

This morning I have decided that I am not done with my fitness challenge. I have more work to do, and probably always will. I bore easily, so I have decided that instead of putting ALL my energy into 1 DVD program, I am going to expand my horizons and try to switch up my workout to keep myself engaged in my goals. 

Only 3% of adults have clear, written, specific, measurable, time-bounded goals, and by every statistic, they accomplish ten times as much as people with no goals at all. Why is it then that most people have no goals?

Today I am doing a workout by choice, already cranked out 1 set this morning and will crank out another set late tonight. This IS important to ME. I want to do this for myself. 

My Workout Challenge for TODAY:

50 Jumping Jacks
40 Crunches
40 Squats
40 Leg Lifts
30 Jumping Jacks
20 Bicycle Crunches
20 Squats
30 Leg Lifts
Run 10 Minutes 
(and yes, I ran in place and my kids joined me!)

It feels great to have pain, to feel the burn and to know that I am making this happen for my body.  Do I need to lose weight, no. Do I want to look better in my clothes? YES! I want to have a toned tummy, I want to have defined leg muscles and feel GOOD about my body. This is me, raw. I want to feel great in my own skin and not feel self conscious, or worry that my shirt is too tight and someone can see the roll in my belly. I just want to feel good. 

I love PiYo- and did it again last night. But, like I said, I bore easily and sometime I just DON'T want to push PLAY! Sometimes I want to get a workout in while watching the news or a quick workout while my kids are playing.  I know that it sounds so much easier to just push the dang PLAY button, but why can't I do a little of this and a little of that?  Well, I can and I will!

Piyo gives your hardcore definition, intense calorie burn and allover strength, without weights, without jumps, and without destryoing your body.  #piyo 30daypush.com

Taking the day off tomorrow for the HOLIDAY!  Happy 4th!


Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...