Keywords: Know You, Who are you, self discovery, 25 questions, day 6, the road less traveled, YOU, WHO.
I hope you all are finding out fun things about yourself and embracing your purposes by now and as always, please SHARE! ;)
Without further ado...
To know and understand WHO we are is something that we should discover early on in our lives.
You all have heard it, the saying about loving yourself before you can love anyone else?
Do you think this is true?
But, in the same token, knowing yourself is the same. Before you know anything, you have to KNOW YOURSELF.
Unfortunately, it is not quite as easy and straightforward as you would have hoped.
This is because the beauty of people is learning and change. You will constantly learn new things about yourself throughout your lifetime. This is a LIFE LONG PROCESS, and that is a good thing.
The second reason knowing yourself isn't as easy as it might sound is because we are unsure of where to begin. This is why these questions are so helpful. It will serve as a sort of starting point that you can take further.
Think of getting to know yourself kind of like a research project.
I know this might seem weird, but think of this like you were researching an object. You want to know everything you can about it. Then, you know exactly how to develop it, care for it, grow it, and use it in the most effective and efficient way possible.
So, I want to ask ya'll:
HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- Who are you most inspired by? Why?
- Who would you love to meet? What would you ask?
- What habit would you most like to break? What habit would you most like to start?
- Think of a person you truly admire. What qualities do you like about that person?
- How do you like to relax?
- When was the last time you did something you were afraid of?
- What are you most proud of?
- What are you most afraid of?
- If life stopped today, what would you regret not doing?
- Who would you like to connect (or reconnect) with? Why?
- What qualities do you admire in others?
- What practical skills do you wish you had?
- Imagine you're in your 90's. What memories would you like to have? What stories do you want to tell?
- What is your favorite book/movie/song? Why?
- If you could make one change in the world, what would it be?
- What do you love to do, or give to others? (don't think of an object- think of something from YOU personally)
- What excites you?
- What do you wish you did more of?
- Pretend money is no object. What would you do?
- What area of your life, right now, makes you feel the best? Which area makes you feel the worst?
- Let's jump forward a year. What would you like to have achieved in the past year?
- What piece of advice would you give to five year old you? Sixteen year old you? Twenty-one year old you? Right now?
- How do you want to be remembered in life?