Monday, May 4, 2015

Should you...or shouldn't you : that is the question




We all have faced the Great Big Decisions Ahead signs within our lives.  Some decisions are good, great even.  But, we have all made bad decisions.  

What do we do when we make a bad decision?  

Move on, right. We learn from those bad decisions, we pick ourselves back up and try again





Sometimes we make irrational decisions, impulsive, which lead us astray.  Could a bit of procrastination help us to make better decisions? 

Bad decisions can come from not seeing the WHOLE picture.  If you are not bouncing your path in front of others, paying attention, or seeing the road that lies ahead, it could leave to a blind spot. 






So, the art of making is decision is what you would call "practical science."  Basically, you find out how to make the decisions through complicated feats of the mind.  If we took some time, procrastinate, we would make better decisions by observations of the problem that lies ahead and how we respond and those around us respond.  If we make a fast decision to important, life changing circumstances, we can end up with regret, remorse and even a negative attitude.


But, what happens when we do nothing for a tiny amount of time: we give our brains an opportunity to process and execute.  We can look at our situation and decide our next action. 




Many things which cannot be overcome when they stand together yield themselves up when taken little by little.









I have faced a few tough decisions in the past two months. Life changing decisions.  I have been opened and honest about my work situation.  I was demoted to part-time with company set backs and it has been devastating to say the least.  I was an equal earner in my household, able to hold us above water in an event that something happened to my Hubby's job and then: BAM!  I barely bring home half. 


This brought on a more determined ME.  I started hunting for a career.  I wanted more than what I have now, but with this has brought on sacrifices that are, to be frank, heart wrenching!  I must go from working at home, being here for my kids... to working outside of the home, having less-than-flexible hours and having to depend on others





I have been marketing myself, successfully.  I could not be more proud. I have been on several interviews. I have done well, and have been offered four positions. The turmoil comes from making the decisions to accept or decline. That is a difficult road to walk, one that I am grateful for, but it does not make it any easier


Decision #1: I had a great offer on the table a week ago, big money, a position close to home, long term career type position. I had to think, I had to talk it through, I had to make a decision.  

Decision #2: I had another position on the table, less money, more stability, an opportunity to take back some time I had vested, a great retirement plan and really good benefits. 


The heat was ON!


I feel blessed, that needs to be said. I know that it is not easy to find a job in Ohio right now. I see others struggling. Especially in the Admin. field. I have found some gems and acted. 





I had the interview with Decision #2 and thought I failed miserably, and that is no lie. The interview was a series of questions and I honestly did not leave feeling confident. Especially when the gentleman walking me out posed the comment of continuing to look through this entity for positions due to a lot of retirements taking place. EEK!  



After this interview, it was my Mom who said that I probably got the job, because it is usually the ones that you don't think you did well on that you are most impressive.




Lone Behold...Moms know everything!



So, I pose to you this question...What would you do?













I took my time in my decision making.  
I made a list. 
A very impressive list of my Pros and Cons, naturally! 










And here is where you can see what made my decision for me!  I took the time to really think it through, to talk to my family, to figure out what is truly important to me! (My Kids! My Hubby! My Family!) 


I am excited to move into this new position, this new role and a little excited to be able to get out of the house, which is incredibly scary, and giving me intense anxiety.  

I am fortunate to have my family, who are willing to be here for the girls and able to work with us to work this all out





Making a decision is nothing short of exhausting! 



We are moving onto another chapter in our lives. It is scary, but with the help of understanding if I should...or shouldn't, I was able to make an educated decision, one that has left me feeling peaceful, excited and eager to find my way. It will be complicated, tough and stressful, that much I am sure of, but with the help of my supportive family, I think it will be a step in the right direction for a long term career, leading to...hopefully: Retirement!  (if I don't croak first!)



To happy decisions, well thought out plans and taking the road less traveled!






No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...