Thursday, August 13, 2015

9 Companies that WANT you to WORK FROM HOME

wfh2




So, many of you other there know my struggle

I want to [desperately] be home with my kiddos
The problem...well, I went to college...live a little above my means...and flat out, my Husband said: 
"NO, you HAVE TO WORK".



Needless to say, here I am [or not] working, outside of the home, away from my babies, never seeing my Husband except on weekends...when he is NOT working. (tear)

This has been a HUGE ... let me stress... HUGE transition for our family because up until May of this year I WAS WORKING FROM HOME.  

Ugh. I know...but once you are in it, you know how good it is and have to give it up [thanks to the company moving me to Part Time and falling down the crapper!] it SUCKS! I leave my house before my kids get up, make the long forty minute commute to an office, doing a job that I am not particularly fond of, then getting in my car after 8 1/2 hours to make another forty minute commute to pick up my kids (mind you, it is PAST dinner time at this point) to make another twenty minute trip home, fix a quick bit of dinner, clean up, get things ready for the next day, baths/showers, books (if we are lucky) and BED. BAM!

My kids summer has SUCKED, thanks to good old Mom, here

I'm depressed to say the least.  
I mean, I feel like someone killed my dog, daily

So, now that I have had my BOO-HOO - poor me- MOMENT [thanks for listening] - it is time to 
DO SOMETHING 
about it. 

I feel like sharing information with others who are in the same boat as I am right now, and want to be home for their kids, are as desperate as this lady and maybe we can all learn together!

Here is a list of Nine (9) Companies that I have found over ... and over ... and over again as:

GREAT PLACES TO WORK FROM HOME:


1. UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth is hiring registered nurses for telecommuting positions. Most of their “work at home” nurse positions involve seeing patients in their homes in your surrounding area. However, some are phone-based positions. Not a registered nurse? Fear not, they’re hiring for positions not based in nursing as well!

 View Work From Home Jobs



2. Cricket Magazine

Cobblestone Publishing Company publishes six magazines for kids ages 6 and up.
– Appleseeds (theme-based social studies)
– Calliope (world history)
– Cobblestone (U.S. history)
– Faces (cultural anthropology)
– Dig (archaeology)
– Odyssey (science)
All six feature fiction, nonfiction, recipes and activities. They accept illustrations and writing for paid use year-round. Full details on rates and contact information can be found on their website.

3. Obeo

Is photography your thing? Become a regional freelance photographer for Obeo, a real estate company. Your job would include setting appointments with the current homeowners, photographing the home and uploading them to the Obeo website. That’s it! Payment is based on a “per house” basis.

4. Victory Media

vmibrands
That’s us! With an array of magazines – Military Spouse, G.I. Jobs, Vetrepreneur and STEM Jobs, we’re always on the hunt for freelance writers and photographers. What’s an easier job than getting paid to photograph and write about your military life?!



5. Hudl

Do you love sports? Do you fall asleep to Sportscenter every night? Well then, Hudl is looking for you. Hudl helps coaches and athletes win by providing a web-based platform where NBA, college and high school coaches upload game video, make comments and break down data for their players. The major company meetings are broadcasted via the web and Hudl flies everyone to its home office at least once a quarter.

6. TutaPoint.com

With the only requirements being that you’re currently enrolled or graduated from a U.S. college or university and have a very minimum amount of experience, tutapoint.com is the perfect option for those who want to teach! You would be responsible for virtually tutoring high school aged adolescents, and the best part … pay starts at $14 an hour, plus bonuses and incentives!
(Tutapoint.com not a good fit? Try Tutor.com!)


7. VIPdesk

Great opportunity for those who are bilingual! 
The term “call center” never sounds very appealing, which is why VIPdesk uses “concierge” instead. You would be responsible for fielding calls from their very high-end clients, with tasks such as making restaurant, hotel and airfare reservations and getting event tickets. Perks: Very minimum qualifications needed and you’re labeled as an employee rather than an independent contractor, which means benefits and paid vacations!

8. About.com

About.com is looking for freelance writers for their online content. With hundreds of topics ranging from Paleo lifestyles to parenting to global conflicts, you’re sure to find something you love to write about. There’s even a Netflix category – there’s no shame in admitting we’re all amateur experts in this field…am I right?

DRUMROLL PLEASE -------------------------

9. Aria

Do you have good handwriting? Well then … you’re hired! It’s as simple as that. Aria is a company that is contracted by large donation-based organizations and non-profits to simply handwrite thank you notes to their donors. They even offer a 401(k) plan!

It's all about helping, which I am more than happy to do.  As one Mom going through a MID LIFE CRISIS to another, WE CAN DO THIS!  I am getting my name, resume and skills out there, into the world, and YOU should too!

Good luck to all and keep me posted, you know I will keep you all in the know!



No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...