Friday, September 26, 2014

If you could pick ONE day to relive in your life, which would it be and why?


Now, sit down and think about this question.  Don't rush it.  The way I figure it, I have been on this planet for 34 years and have had x amount of days, both good and bad, that I could choose here.  I always think about the bad days and if I relive them, would they ultimately turn to good days? Or would they just still be bad days?  

I have three monumental days that I forever will cherish in my soul..my wedding day, the birth of my first born and the birth of my second born.  But, they were already great, would I relive them? Why would I?  I mean, if something is good already, can it get better? Or, by reliving them, could they turn out to be BAD days because they were one so great?

See, told you that you would really need to think this through.  It could go in so many different directions.  A thought in my brain right now is if I relived a day that changed my life forever, in college, when I met with my counselor after have a nightmare professor.  That meeting put me off course of where I knew I wanted to be and ultimately has placed me in where I am today.  I was in year four of college.  I had so many Education courses under my belt that I was getting ready to start student teaching and I had one professor who flat out told me I would never amount to anything as a teacher.  I was shocked because here I am, a good student, one that puts her heart and soul into the assignments. I would spend hours on my lesson plans, hours at the library or on the computer to make sure that I was consistent with my topics and I did the work and was talked to like this...and here is my friend, a good friend at that who never went to class, never did her assignments and when we worked in a group, she relied on everyone else to keep her head above water.  Guess who he passed...it wasn't me! I did not fail, but he ended up giving me a C - which just destroyed me more for having put the work in. 

I went to my counselor before the next semester and we looked at what I had, what I needed, and what I could end my education with.  The results...and Interdisciplinary Degree in Business Administration and a minor in English Literature. What a joke!  Basically, I am an Administrative Assistant who is on point with English! 

So, if I could re-do that part of my life, keep on my path at being a Middle Childhood Teacher- where would I be today?  Well, I would have Summer's off!  But on the flip side, I work from home, for a legit company and I might work long hours, but they are usually in my PJ's with my kids.  I am not missing anything. I am not missing bratty behaviors, bullying, talking bad...or any of it.  I deal with adults on a daily basis and honestly, truth be told, I love it!  It is challenging, I make mistakes, it is a lot of hours, but at the end of the day, I feel so proud of my place within the company I work for. 

Back to square one then? 

I have had a lot of talks with my Hubby about renewing our vows.  We are on the threshold of celebrating eight years of marriage, and I think at ten we should have a little backyard ceremony with all our friends and family. Nothing fancy, just a walk down memory lane.  Our wedding was one of the happiest days of my life, one that I for sure will never forget. It is so funny to look back on our pictures and see how young we were and how much we both have changed since then, as well as how much our lives have changed!

This might be the day that I would relive. 

This decision is not one hundred percent ground in stone, but at this moment in time, I think this would be the day that I would gravitate towards.

What about you? What did you come up with?

I would love to hear your story!  Feel free to comment!!!  

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...