Thursday, September 11, 2014

#Neverforget

Never Forget.....



Today marks the 13th Anniversary from the day where our country literally stopped.  I was 21 years old.  I was supposed to go into work around noon.  I had school, which was cancelled and remember the news, the images, and most importantly, the silence.

In the early afternoon, shock was surging in waves a crossed our area.  The Manager from the store I worked at in the local mall called me to tell me that I was not to come in, since the world had literally "shut down"  and we talked for a long time.  She cried, being older, I think she knew what all this meant.  I was naive as could be at just twenty-one.  I saw the images, I felt the tears, I knew the devastation....but I don't know if at that moment I truly understood.  I know the impact that it had on my family.  My Dad was a Firefighter, my Grandpa was retired at that point- but I could see the graveness on their faces.  I don't think that I could ever write what was felt that day, or the days that came after.  I talked to my crush mid morning while he was at the license bureau getting plates for a 1963 Impala that he had just bought...another moment that makes this day so memorable.  That crush would later be my Hubby.  Kind of a solemn day for us knowing that this day impacted our lives in a negative way and a positive.  That day began the rest of our lives, knowingly or not.  

I have not made it to ground zero.  I want to go.  I know that my own Dad was supposed to go to New York shortly after September 11th happened and due to circumstances that are not totally clear, his battalion was pardoned.  I know he would have went, would have paid his dues and would have looked forward to it, because that was his loyalty to his brotherhood, but a part of me feels that in some unforeseen way that was God's way of keeping my Dad.  So many tragedies happened after the initial tragedy.  

I don't fully understand what the goal was to 9/11 from a terrorist point of view- besides getting the U.S.'s attention.  I know that mission was accomplished and it saddens me to think that it was at the stake of so many lives lost.  It is horrible that someone can live in a society where they are "trained" to fight and give their life as repayment- like their life is nothing but a pawn in a game of chess.  This is the part where I THANK my lucky stars that I live in America.  I thank my ancestors who choose to "get out" and find freedom. I thank my illegals who came to America to find a better way, a better place and a better life.  I know that even for them, it was not an easy feat. 

That being said, here we are 13 years later and America lives in fear everyday of something like this happening again.  I wish that the people who were able to get free of such a repressed government/dictatorship would grab the reins of their life and stop living in the shadows of their own doubt on self worth.  They have made the leap to the U.S. and are wasting it waiting trying to plot some insane plan to hurt innocent people who have nothing to do with the brainwashing that is happening across the pond.

I think that our country is a target and it scares the hell out of me.  It makes me question why I brought children into this sick world everyday.  I am saddened about the American's who have been taken hostage and are being beheaded because of sick people trying to capture attention by the U.S.'s government.  I don't know the answer. If I did, man would I be popular!  I wish someone did, or maybe someone does but at what cost.  I guess that is the question.  

I wish I had the answers, or at the least, a right answer.  I have some answers - but none of which anyone would like...

But today is not about all this, today is about remembering.  Remembering all those innocent people who went to work on September 11th, 2001 and because of selfish, egotistical maniacs, they never made it home for dinner.  

#neverforget

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...