Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Two Kid Twist..

When adding a baby to your family is 
NOT what you expected...


I am a Mom of two beautiful girls, 3 and 5, as many of you already know.  Making the decision to "add" to our family of 3 was anything but easy.  I don't think anyone wakes up one day and says, "Yup, today I want another baby, another think to feed, to hold, to keep me up all hours of the night...another responsibility."  It might happen this way for some, but I doubt most.  Hubby and I planned our first born and we planned our second.  It is weird because looking back, three years later, I ask myself WHY?  I mean, what made us "decide" to have another baby?  Its only in this question that the answer literally pops out and hits me in the face.  I mean, isn't it obvious?  I don't consider myself the best Mom.  I mean, really, it has been rough in my opinion.  I do my best and that seems to be enough for my kids. (I secretly konw that as the years go by and I am learning from my many mistakes that I am getting better!)  I don't really care for the sleep-less night because I am one of those people who loves their sleep.  I feel overwhelmed on a daily basis and yes, this is before #2 came into the picture.  I was going through terrible two's when we decided to try for another- what was I thinking?  
But then, here I am, three l o n g years later and somehow it all makes perfect sense! I mean, basically, we made a best friend for our oldest at the time, but today (and yes, since she was born to this earth) we have the most beautiful, amazing little lady that I honestly could not image my life without. (and this is to be said for my first born also!)  

Photo: #mygirlsMy girls are nothing but different.  They might resemble each other- despite the Green eyes and Brown eyes, but personality wise, they are polar opposites!  They fight like cats and dogs on a regular basis and when they are together, they are also known as the Chaos Sisters.  They are monsters but each one brings something to the table that I know in my heart I could never live without.  I have little best friends forever and amazingly smart young ladies who melt my heart! 


I am only reflecting on this topic now because it is amazing how often I will be so out of my mind frustrated that I catch myself wondering why I ever had kids in the first place...and guess what, I laugh.  I am not even kidding.  I probably look like a lunatic- being in a rage then laughing out loud as I think about something funny my three year old did or something totally off the wall that my five year old said.  I think that my purpose all along in this life was to be a Mom, whether I always remember that or not.  There are so many greats about it...and yes, so, so many not greats, but it gets me out of bed each day, and also puts me back in it far to early at night!

PhotoAnd although Hubby and I made the decision that after having baby #2- and all her breach-ness...to end the babies at that..  But our journey has not ended...our chaos has only just begun...and the fun times happen on a regular basis!  


I guess the moral of the story is, what would I do if we had not expanded our family?  That is just as simple to answer...probably be bored out of my mind.  (Not that my five year old is not FUN..but she would have been one lonely kid) 

So, for all those who gave the advice to me when I was pregnant those many years ago with my second baby...it has not been terrible. It has not been hellish.. It has been a journey that I have at least fifteen more years to travel! (of course, it is way more!)  Our life is busy.  Our life is crazy at times (you would love to be a fly on the wall in our house in the mornings...while three girls get ready, quietly, as Hubby is fast asleep!)  Our life is magical at times (thanks Disney!) but it is our life and much better as a four pack!!!

~Kel




No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...