Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thankful Thursday....

Thankful Thursday
A reflection of what I am grateful for.

Today, I am thankful for a lot of things in my life.  Yesterday we had our island delivered and although it is not *perfect, it is just what I imaged it to be. I guess that is a two part-er because, due to that island, I am Thankful for my Dad, my Brother, his bf Cliff, my Father-in-law and of course my Hubby. They all helped moved this huge, 10 foot long, heavy island into my kitchen, taking time out of their days to make that happen for me. 


I am thankful for my girls, who continue to grow and shine as each day passes. We are reading every night before bed- individually (I spend time with my 3 year old and time with my 5 year old with just me) and we are really close to unleashing our 5 year old reader, as she is starting to really recognize her sight words in books.  I am so thankful for that because she has wanted to read for such a long time, to see her doing it is amazing!


I am thankful for my English Bulldog, Otis.  He is such a good boy and is so loved by our family. We are lucky to have such a calm, loving dog who is also a great guard dog.


I am thankful for my Mom. She get's her own shout out. We don't always see eye to eye, but her heart is big and I definitely need her in my life. 


I am grateful for my job, which allows me to work at home.  The hours might be long and I feel like I make more mistakes than anything, but I am learning, I take it seriously and I really like being able to be home, so that if my kids need me, I am always here.

I am thankful for this old house we call Gray Gables. It once had the life sucked out of it and was literally gray and we have added color and life and made it new again.  It is because of this house that I feel at my most creative, I feel grateful to have been the ones to own it and although we have a lot of work ahead of us still, I know that one day it will be worth every bit of what we have put into it. 


Life is not simple. There is always something to be thankful for and I hope to remember those things weekly, instead of just when it is the right time to be thankful. 

I am starting a new challenge for myself in regards to fitness and I am grateful to have this opportunity to stay healthy and show my kids what it means to be determined and set goals for yourself and meet those goals. 


I hope you all have some time to reflect on what you are thankful for also. Time is short, I think it is important to remember these little things that can slip past us without another thought!


And of course, I should end by saying that I am thankful for my followers and readers! I am grateful to be able to have my blog to share my feelings and my life, even if no one listens, I think that my kids can look back on this and see what kind of Mom, Wife and Woman that I was while they were growing up!


Thanks ALL!

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...