Monday, October 20, 2014

Waking up is hard to do? When you're 5...



I started my day with a jump as the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was my beautiful five year old daughter, in my face, nose to nose! I think I literally made a sound of startle, which is funny because she does this all the time.  

"Mom, I can't sleep."  I guess in k i d - that means that if she can't sleep, I can't either...

So, I walked with her to her room. She asked for her TV to be turned on, which I fumbled my way through the remote and tucked her in before going back to my warm bed to catch the twenty more minutes that I had before my "other" alarm went off!

Finally, I hit the snooze as much as I could and knew I had to get up.  I walked past my five year old's room to find her still wide awake.  Luckily, she did not seem to notice me going by her room and I went to get ready for the day.

Twenty minutes later, I go into her room and she is passed out! Mom Call...I let her sleep for fifteen minutes longer.  When that time elapsed, it was a battle that made me question whether I should have let her sleep in.  I turned on her light, pulled her covers back and she fought tooth and nail to stay in bed. (She can be a big crab!)

Finally, up she went and to the bathroom to brush teeth and get dressed.  She started crying on the potty, alligator tears!  We got her situated and she was still bawling her eyes out, muttering something about her friend on the bus wouldn't let her sit by the window seat.  I was confused because she is the first one to be picked up in the mornings and always waves while sitting next to the window.  Then it got ugly and confusing!  She said that she did not want to sit by the window, but wanted to sit by the isle.  Oh brother!  I hugged her and told her that it didn't matter the seat, but for bus safety she just had to sit.  I mean, I wasn't really sure where she wanted to sit, after all!

She brushed her teeth, through tears; got dressed, through tears; and went down to have breakfast, crying the whole way... I asked her to stop crying and in return got more tears!  Finally, after a half and hour of tears, in between bites of chocolate chip pancakes, I managed to ask her if she was hurt and she said no, so I switched gears and told her it was a new week and it was going to be a great day and somehow, her mood flipped and she was happy. 


As a Mom, I am thinking... EEK!  Is this seriously what I have to look forward to when hormones come into the picture and if so, can I run away!

Any-whoo, I am uncertain of what changed for her, I mean maybe she just woke up, but she got on the bus with a smile on her face- hopefully forgetting her worries about which seat her little booty would sit in!


 As for little Miss Three-Year-Old, she got up, brought her bare feet down stairs with her Minnie Nightgown on with a big smile on her face, as she does everyday!

Complete opposites!

#lovemyfamily #momofgirls #girlproblems

~Kel




No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...