Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Today is a new day... or is it?

Good News...the "Groundhog's Day" effect has been broken!  Eh...sort of...





Have you ever just been stuck? 

There is a rut that you just can not seem to break out of?  



Trust me, I think we have ALL been there at one time or another and it is time to 
BREAK FREE
and run, fly, get out of dodge!

Life is full of unexpected things, so why, as a Mom, is it so hard to leave the schedules, the timelines, the "routine" behind, even for a day

I am what you call "An organised Mom."  I have, um, let's call them "DUTIES" that I like to put in place to help me maintain a lower stress level

Hubby calls this the "OCD Tornado" and while I try to take this term lightly, I guess I do see his point.  


Mornings are hectic in the Amstutz house. I get up early, get ready (where I am going is still a mystery!).  Then I get up Miss Six, get her teeth brushed, dressed and hair done.  Then it is breakfast time.  While she is eating I am busy getting the ice pack in her already packed lunch and checking her already loaded backpack to ensure we have not forgotten anything for the day. She finishes eating, she plays Disney Infinity and I try to knock some work out real quick

It is now seven fifty seven- exactly

It is shoes on, coat on, hat on, gloves on, scarf on- grab that backpack, let's head out to our already pre-heated car where we pull to the end of the gravel drive, between the two pillars and wait...wait...wait..until we see that yellow sparkle.  Then it is unloading and waiting some more for it to come to the end of the drive. 

One kid down.  One to go!


Everything is precise. Honestly....it is exhausting!  I get some what of a break when I get Miss Three out the door with my Parents. Its all business then.  

At precisely two, I head out to pick up Miss Three, which is a one hour tour.  Then back to the home-base to get Miss Three situated and wait for Miss Six to come at four twenty one on the dot. 

From there it is a little laid back...after homework is done, and the lunch box is re-packed, the girls play. 


I busy myself with finishing laundry, picking up and getting clothes and backpack ready for the next day. Then, dinner promptly at five o'clock and onto bath at six forty until seven fifteen. The girls get dressed in pj's, play until seven forty. Books are read, tuck them in and it is good night

Routine. Routine. Routine.



Exhausting!


Yes...the tornado just passed through!  



To look at it through this reality is kind of discerning!  I mean, I have great kids and I thank this tight ship for that, but the challenge I have is on the weekends, I have been working very hard to be more lax.  The problem is that these are the times that Daddy-o is present and he doesn't want crazy, high energy kids who talk a lot around


Catch 22!  


I love to hear little voices
, I love them expressing themselves and having FUN, even with the tight ship that I run.  Good behavior is rewarded with fun things




Last night, they were great at playing, no fighting, etc. So before bath, we went upstairs and they love the giant work-out ball but I don't typically let them play with it because it is literally bigger than Miss Three! But, last night, they asked nicely and got to wear themselves out...carefully, of course...bouncing and rolling on the ball!  





I might be strict about time, but I love to see them having fun and it is in these times that I do run late and guess what...hell doesn't freeze over- who knew!



So, I am breaking my routine...slowly though.  

It is scary! 

We have lived on routine for six years now. Whoa!  I probably have lived on routine far before that, in one way or another. 





I am ready for Spring and Summer to arrive, outside air and time gets..or feels just a little bit longer. 



Do you have a routine for your kids?  

Your life? 

How does it work out for you? 

How do you break down time? 

How do you break free?  



I would love to hear from you!  Feedback is what keeps me going!!!




Have a great rest of the week all! 

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...