Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Fever... What the heck is *!$@#*OIL PULLING?

What is the deal with Oil Pulling?

What is it? 

How does it work?

Why is it gaining so much popularity?


Happy Friday Friends!
I woke up this morning thinking to myself (after a crazy Giant Badger Dream) what kind of "Fresh" stuff can we talk about on this beautiful Friday? It's getting warmer out, our Ohio Snow is starting to melt and Its Friday!  (it is so sad that my life is a constant count down to Friday... welcome to the life of a Wife/Mom who works Full Time outside of the home- Aaaaayooo)

So, I opened up my Facebook (love my smartphone) and started to see what everyone was talking about today- only to see something about "Oil Pulling" - in which I am like, what? Tell me more...
I know your curious too- aren't you... C'mon, just admit it. It sounds weird. 

Then came my research. With this research came the fascination to get started. Yes, I said, "Get Started" - because it sounds so convincing and so crazy that I want to try. 

I know, you are llike, C'mon Kel, tells us what the heck you are talking about Already!! Right!

So you want to know WHAT OIL PULLING is?

  Oil Pulling is a process (that you can make with Just 3 Ingredients!) of reducing bacteria that causes plaque build up, gum disease, tooth decay and gum sensitivity, even making your teeth whiter during the process.

There is a 3 ingredient recipe: 

1) Organic Coconut Oil 
2) Melaleuca- a 100% therapeutic grade essential oil that is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-septic, expectorant, immune stimulant and decongestant.
3) Shield- a 100% therapeutic grade essential oil that has anti-viral properties.

The blend contains Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Clove Bud, Eucalyptus radiata and Rosemary essential oils.

Coconut Oil contains Lauric Acid, a healthy fat that is proven to be anti-microbial.

To save time, you can make a 2 week supply of Oil Pulling Blend and store in a 1/2 pint Mason Jar.

Oil pulling claims many benefits to the oral cavity.

2 Week Supply of Oil Pulling Blend
_____________________________
1 Cup Softened Coconut Oil
16 drops Melaleuca
16 drops Shield

Whisk softened coconut oil and essential oils together until well blended and smooth. Add to a 1/2 pint Mason Jar- or similar, preferably glass since Essential Oils can leach petrochemicals from plastic.



TO USE:
Once a day, put approximately 1 tablespoon of the Oil Pulling Blend in your mouth and swish for 20 minutes. DO NOT SWALLOW!  The oil your are pulling from your mouth will be full of bacteria and you will want to spit into a garbage at the end of your 20 minutes. 
Once you spit out, brush your teeth and you will notice the difference- even after the first time!  

You can find the essential oils at WEBSITE:  Sparknaturals.com and both are extremely reasonably priced.

Melaleuca
Pictures care of Sparknaturals.com
Shield – Protective Blend

WHY I THINK IT IS GETTING SO MUCH HYPE?

My Review:

I found a few different variations of this Oil Pulling method.  Luckily in my town, we have an essential oil store, not far from my house, and I was able to obtain both bottles of the essential oils.  I am very interested in figuring out the difference in the variations of recipes, but, starting with this one, I feel different after my 20 minute swish. 

 I instantly knew that something was happening, especially seeking what I was spitting out.  I used a plastic baggie, instead of spitting right into the garbage.  (I have two small children that would NOT approve of my hovered over the can spitting my nasty pulling blend into it. Not that the plastic baggie was any better but at least I didn't have to hold my hair!) 

I brushed my teeth right after and everything felt smooth and fresh. It was strange because I was not expecting after one trial to feel such a strong effect from the blend. 

 The second thing I would like to note is my energy level seemed to increase.  I was dog tired when I tried this blend and after my swishing, I felt rejuvenated, which is crazy because  it is eight o'clock at night by this time and I have been up and adam since 4:45 AM. 

 

I highly recommend and honestly can not wait to do it again tomorrow night. I can't wait to see if my teeth whiten up also!  Bottom line is THIS WORKS!

 

**Check back later for updates on this story. I would like to try a few other methods to Oil Pulling and see what I come up with!

Thanks for checking me out.  If you would like to share your Oil Pulling experiences, please email me @ kelamstutz@gmail.com.

~KEL~

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...