Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 10... Todays MOM Focus: J O Y

J O Y in Motherhood


The  J O Y in Motherhood comes in MOMENTS. 
There will be hard times, and frustrating times.  
But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of JOY and satisfaction.

by: Elder M. Russel Ballard



Truer words have never been spoken in my opinion.  There are so many moments when you literally want to cry over spilled milk (or in my case this morning...spilled cough medicine)- but you can't, after all it just takes some bounty and a little extra work to clean it all up.  

There are moments when you want to scream because your little angels will not listen to you...or appear to be deaf to your voice, no matter the tone.  

There are moments when you want to walk out of the door, throw your hands up and shout to God, "I give!"  Because some days feel more like a test of your strength and will, than life at all.  

But, then...among the crazy days, there lies this little sliver of heaven.  There are small words spoken, actions taken that make you smile, proud even.  I think that this 
J O Y is much more recognizable when your child reaches school age, but it does happen!



OUR CHALLENGE: 

Today's Mom focus: J O Y   - identify the JOY in Motherhood


My five year old (going on thirty, I might add) is a  J O Y.  I mean, don't get me wrong, we still have our knock down, drag outs- but for the most part there is a place where we can reason with one another.  I cant believe that I am saying this at age five...but she is an Old Soul, that one... and very determined in all she does.  She likes to make her own choices and I can say that I take pride in knowing that for the most part, she chooses wisely!

Now, my three year old is at that lovely stubborn, "not gonna listen to you", busy, busy, busy stage in life.  She is sweet and silly and so much fun..but she can also be quite the bugger! And let me tell you, right now we are super sick and it has not been anything to write to Mama about!  But, we still have our moments, like yesterday, riding home in the car she is listening intently to Taylor Swift and blurts out "I can write my Name...Mama."  Yes, yes she can and she practiced real hard to be able to do that, so that made me smile because that is something I am very proud of her for, and obviously, she is proud too!

But, then there was a talk that she had with her Dad over the weekend...so in the bathtub she tells me that she will be leaving soon.  I eyed her curiously. "Leaving soon, where?" "Its OK Mama, I am gonna miss you but I gotta go."  I walked cautiously on this line that she was feeding me! Turns out, Daddy-O told her that she can't live in our house forever and someday she would move out and get a house of her own.  Guess it made an impact because to be quite frank, she seems rather excited to leave us and very reassuring that it will be OK.  Mind blowing to me that she would remember this convo with her Dad, let alone bid her farewells!  I had to explain that she would probably leave us a long time from now and that she could always come back.  She responded "After you take me to Meet Minnie?" 


Again, a conversation we had to have the other day about Disney World and No we can't go in December when our oldest's friend is going ...but when our Three year old is old enough to remember!  

Then Miss Three year old informs me that she is going to get married and her boy will buy her a big Belle costume for Halloween to wear.  Yes, he better....is my thoughts! LOL

I feel JOY everyday with my little ladies.  I could not image life without them.  Motherhood in itself is a joyous occasion and add little ones and it makes it so much more sweet! (Even if we have rough days.) I have grown to think that for every good day we have, it erases a handful of the rough ones! Must be doing something right...


(Remains to be seen!)

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...