Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 11- A letter to my Kids

Words should be spoken that are often left unsaid...




Today it is important to recognize our children, after all they are the reason we get the exclusive, all important title of M O M!




To my oldest daughter.... I am so glad that you are my daughter because you are unique and special soul.  You are so full of life and bright eyed about the world in which you live.  You are a joy to be around and so much fun at the same time...except maybe when you are grumpy...but we will let that slide!


You are excited to learn, eager to please and very independent in this life. (which worries me some, but I know that you are strong) 

 You have grown up so fast, it seems, and although we have had tough roads behind us, we have found common grounds before us. (which is relief because you really had me questioning whether I was going to make it out alive!) 

I am so excited to see what the future holds for you, knowing that no matter what it is you will do what makes your heart happy, which I for one, could not be more proud of!

Keep learning, keep growing and never be anyone but who you were truly meant to be!
   





To my youngest daughter...I am thrilled that you are my daughter because you are the light of our lives.  You have brought laughter and fun to our home and made everyday completely unpredictable. (This being said from your Mama who has order OCD.)  You are a treat to be with, your sweet heart is the best and your actions are always pure and genuine.  I will not let anyone break your good nature'd spirit, I promise you that.  You are going to be an amazing person in this world, I can feel it. Your Sister and you are close and that is all I could have asked God to grant to us.  You will always be one another's side, pushing each other to be better and always having one another's back.  


At the tender age of three, you are a button pusher, we can see this already, but there is love enveloping our home and for that I feel like the richest person in the world!

    


As a Mom, I am lucky, as you two girls really have been a breeze to raise.  We have used positive reinforcement and pushed in each of you to make your own decisions, but warned that you must choose wisely, for there are consequences to your actions. 






Of course, I am a Bulldog Mom too!  To my Otis, you are a perfect fit for our family.  You are lazy and stinky and snore really loud, but we love you so much.  You go outside by yourself and come back to the door when  you are finished, you tell us when you are hungry and even hug us when we are sad.   You are the best dog that we could ever have and are so glad to call you Our Dog!





    


~ConfessionsofagratefulMom

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...