Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 5 of the 30 Day MOM Challenge...

Did you remember to Kiss your Children while they were asleep last night?  

I bet you did!


Today is day #5 of our 30 day Challenge!  How is everyone doing so far?  I think I am right on track and the previous days challenge items are holding- even the no YELLING!!! (I have to toot my own horn- this is a HUGE step for us!)

So, what do we do about today? I know it is probably bugging you that I did not put it in the Title...right!  

Hey, I have to keep you guys on your toes and ITS FRIDAY, so more the reason to make you READ. (work for it!)


Day #5 Challenge....Drum-roll Please...



Say to YOURSELF, "He/She's ONLY ___ years old. He's/She's still a CHILD."  Then, treat them like it!!!


Quite a concept, right!!


And one that is typically forgotten!  I do HONESTLY, try to remember this with my kids, especially when I am determining behavior lines between my five year old, who is a little bit more mature than my still learning the ropes, three year old!

It still amazes me when I tell my three year old to stop something and yet my five year old will fill her shoes by doing that same thing I just told the other to STOP, -or- vice versa!!

Kids!!



I also think it is SUPER important to remember that THEY ARE JUST KIDS!  


In my own life, I know that some people expect my children to be quiet and sit still....guess what...they are KIDS and young kids at that!  My kids are gems though, really! Ruler with an iron fist..totally JOKING!  But, they are very respectful when in Public- which is ALL I can ask for- as we still have lots of issues with respect behind the scenes.  Mom would def. rather have these issues "behind the scenes" a.k.a. at home than in front of the world! lol






So, as the weekend begins and all those school aged kiddos are home for the weekend- remember to say this to yourself!







I know you can't wait for tomorrow- right!!









~Kel


No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...