Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 23- Replace Sarcasm with Kindness


A challenge catered to myself!  How many times a day Do I say..."You don't say..."  or "Really?"  to my kids.  Agh.  The worst part is that I get it honestly and it is a part of my DNA so much so, that I really don't even realize I am doing it.. And yes, I have bestowed this trait onto my oldest daughter. 

Replace Sarcasm with Kindness.

Yesterday we were MIA from the Blog..did you notice? (eek there it is again!)  Well, we were down and out with the sickness in our house..invading my children. They just got the Flu Mist this past weekend and seemed to be nothing short of KNOCKED DOWN with this crazy cold that packs one heck of a hard cough.  


On Sunday night, my oldest was coughing for a good two hours.  It was the most annoying, hard cough that made Hubby and I jump from bed with cough medicine, pillow props and of course, Vicks


Now, giving your kid Night-time Medicine at 4:00 a.m. and knowing they have to get up at 7:00 a.m. for school means...NO SCHOOL.  She will be groggy from the medicine still and if she feels good it will be a false reading because the medicine will literally be talking.  

So, it was done.  No School...

I should note that this was her FIRST missed day and she was NOT happy because she was not going to get her Homework. (really?)  I held my tongue on that one too- that is for my blogger audience to enjoy.

I did remain less sarcastic than usual...not really noticing a whole lot at all as I try to walk back through my day.  It was a weird, quiet, still day.  My girls were both home and just kind of took at easy....kind of.  We watched McKenna- American Girl Gymnastics Star or whatever.  We played dress up, read a WHOLE chapter book that we JUST started and had pizza for dinner that was really good. I know they were down and out...maybe that is what it takes for my sarcasm to take a break?  Obviously it was short lived- but I did go through my morning happy, cheerful and not one funny funny said!

Geez, this challenge is getting SO serious! LOL

Sorry I missed yesterday..guess I have my own make-up homework.  Back to back posts today. Aren't y'all lucky!

Oh snap...Sarcasm is BACK.



~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...