Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day #6 (Mom Challenge) Bake, Make, or Buy them their FAVORITE Food

What is YOUR favorite Food? 


Sometimes this can be a great conversation starter for your kiddos.  If I asked mine...I would hear McDonald's from one of them and Chicken from the other.  I have one kiddo that will eat salad's and chicken (real chicken!) and pickles galore and my other one is my "Picky Princess" who ONLY eats chicken nuggets, hamburgers, BBQ chicken bites (we make on the grill) and spaghetti o's.  Fruits- forget it!  She will each apples (minus skin) and bananas and every once in a while cantaloupe.  Veggies- JUST Green Beans... (She is my FUN one- let me tell you!)  




I have become the gosh darn SNEAKY Mom. I have also been the Head Negotiator!  "Eat 4 of those 6 Green Beans and you can be done."  It gets SO bad sometimes that I actually tell my oldest, picky girl to plug her nose! (true story)








Day #6 Challenge for us Moms:


Bake, Make or Buy them their Favorite Food



So, today my girls got up and the question came...What is our Favorite Food. Lucky for me!  It is Chocolate Chip Pancakes...made by Chef Daddy!!  (Take some time off Mom!) 




I was just HAPPY that they did NOT say McDonald's- YUCK ! We don't eat it very often but even some is to much, in my opinion!  




Of course, they added in Chocolate Chip Cookies- so Mom is back in the Kitchen!  The best part is that they actually are old enough to help me put ingredients into the mixer when we make them, which surprisingly, is great fun for old Mom here!  



(yes, I know...you are probably saying to yourself- "Mom that is A LOT of Chocolate!  But hey, Hubby and I have a wedding tonight ... so they are staying over the Nana and Papa!  Sorry Mom!  I guess that is payback for all the JUNK they come home with everyday after you watch them - totally joking!)

Recipe Share:  (This is MY recipe and has been adapted from a few other tried and failed recipes.  I promise they are the BEST cookies EVER!  And MAKE them thick- it's the ONLY way!)



Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kel


Makes 12- 14 cookies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Butter (@ room temp)
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs (I use brown eggs)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cup Flour
1 tsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or Mini Chips are fun too)

What to do:
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy or about 3-4 minutes. (the mixer is the BEST tool!)

2. Mix in the Eggs and Vanilla Extract.

3. With the mixer on LOW speed, add in your flour (or have your little helpers do this after you measure in your measuring cups); cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder.

4. Sire in Chocolate Chips.  The dough will be VERY thick.

5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (I usually put dough in fridge while waiting for oven to heat up)

6. Measure out each cookie using a 1/4 CUP Measuring Spoon/Cup. (No, you did NOT read this wrong)  They should be in the shape of a disc and very thick!

7. Bake for 11-13 minutes.  The center will look under-cooked and that is OK.  Trust me here peeps!

8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 1 minute or so then put on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes. 

9. **Most important** Enjoy! I promise they are DELICIOUS! I can't keep these babies in my house.






I am hoping that all my MOMs out there are having FUN with your Kiddos!  Life can go fast so sometimes it is fun just to remember each other in the midst of all the other busy things going on!




Enjoy your baking, buying or making this weekend!

~Kel







No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...