Monday, December 16, 2013

My Fantasy...

In my fantasy world, I am one Organized Mama!  In my reality, I might be organized at work, but our home life is ANYTHING but!  I have this dream of being able to go into my MESS I am currently calling an Attic and shelving, labeling and organizing everything.  I call this a dream because finding the time to actually accomplish this mission is unrealistic!

I see things like this and feel sadness.  I have worked with meal planning, currently am in the heart of one, but it never works as planned for our family!  It is already hard because Hubby is working 2nd shift and does not get home until the wee-hours of the night- aka before I get up for the start of my day. So, that means, essentially, I am cooking for me, myself and I! So, something that I make that would be for Monday, ends up being for Tuesday, Wednesday and yes, in some cases, Thursday too! 

I have a 2 and 4 yo and we are on the TODDLER diet. This maens, hto dogs, nuggets, fish sticks, and burgers are regulars on the table. YUCK!  I have tried EVERYTHIGN to get them to eat what we eat. Last night was a perfect example- I made  a pot roast Sunday evening (dont ask) - and they usually like it- last night it was a NO GO! I even made mashed potatoes, in which my potato freak 2 yo turned her nose up at them- boo!

But, I have been serious about planning out our week and sticking somewhat to it. I made Copy Kat Carabbas Mama Mandola's soup on Saturday, and although it was not spot on, it was DAMN good! Sunday was reheated Soup, but late night Roast - which we reheated Monday.  I am working on a chicken breast in an Olive Oil marinade with Italian Seasoning, Parsley, Basil, Onion Powder and Chives. Before plating, I am putting a tomato on top with Mozerella cheese.  YUM, and can not wait!

I am bringing this up only because - the picture below is what I want to achieve to be:

















What a great idea! Bins for ingredients for each night's dinner! This would be great when kids are big enough to help with meal prep(in my dreams), or to keep people from snacking on "ingredients".
This is AH-MAZING!

Maybe one day!!!

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...