Thursday, April 3, 2014

I know it's #tbt..but Life at Gray Gables is getting Interesting...

What if you get an unexpected phone call that you answer and the person on the other end of the line wants you to work from home, what do you do?

What if working from home is exactly what you have wanted for a long time and this opportunity is happening at just the right time in your life? 

Google Image

My life is moving at rapid speed right now and I am on the brink of losing control, with excitement that is! 

Let's have a little throwback Thursday action and head back to last Wednesday.  I am getting my kids to bed and handling some laundry detail. Its about seven at night and my phone is lying on the bed in our room, obviously on silent, as usual (bad habit!).  I take the laundry up to our room and start sorting according to what goes where, when I look down and see the little green indicator light flashing for all it's worth, trying desperately to get my attention. So, I open the cover and swipe my finger (I love you Samsung Note!) and see a missed call and a voicemail. Right to voicemail I go and enter password and hear an unfamiliar voice who is trying to get ahold of me because she saw my resume and was very impressed. 

My thoughts are, um, OK. So I call the number back and it goes to a voice mailbox and I leave a message.  Then, I go back to my laundry. 

It isn't until after nine o'clock that I get a callback, and yes, I am still doing laundry. What happens next is just crazy! I basically am in an interview. I am told about the company that is looking for an Administrative Assistant and the kicker is that this is not a freelance opportunity. I am excited. This is exactly what I have been looking for with the added perks of being a real employee, not a free agent. 

What would you do? Would you consider this position? Would you be skeptical? 

Since then, I have had three interviews and in depth details about the position and I want this job so bad! I have never been so excited and happy about a job before, but having the opportunity to work with the company and at home is a dream come true. 

I am still waiting for the final steps, but I have been told that everything is good, from the Executives that I interviewed with yesterday, and even went as far as to pack up my stuff at my current job. 

Am I crazy? I just see this as an incredible opportunity for my family! 


My Hubby is just as excited. We did our research and this company is legit and growing, which is very important. It is a smaller company, but it believes in helping its employees continue to grow with the company.  

I feel that God has put this in my path for a reason, probably my nagging prayers. I have not been quiet about the fact that my oldest starts Kindergarten this fall and I want to be there for her, drop off/pick up and room mother. I want to be an active Mom and with my current job, I am missing everything. I work early in the morning and although I get off early, it still is an awkward time and I am just missing out on her school experience, and my Hubby is running on fumes because of his odd work schedule. 

I can not explain how deep my feelings are, but this feels so right, like that feeling of being exactly where you should be? I don't know exactly how to put it into words, but I know that I can not wait to get started with my furture with this company and be a little more active in my girls lives. 


Here is the kicker! My current job let me know six months ago that I would be out of a job within a year or so and to start looking elsewhere. My Boss was very open and said that she did not know what the future was for our company, being that it is health care, and there has been a lot of activity in our building since the beginning of the week. I just feel like this was God's way of taking care of my family and I will continue to pray for this godsend that befallen upon us. 

I am just feeling truly blessed right now!



Happy Thursday All!
 
~KEL~ 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...