Friday, April 11, 2014

Throwback Thursday...Let's think back to College Years...

Let's take a look back..to those years when you were starting college, or well into it and all the things you did, or didn't experience.

What are some of the life experiences that you were able to take under your wing and embrace? 

What were some life experiences that you avoided? Do you have any regrets?

 

It has been so long since I was in school. Seems like yesterday, but it was a really, really, (let's face it, really) long time ago. When I think back to my freshman year I am hit with the memory of crying in August, days before my College Orientation.  I did not want to go.  A lot had to do with the fact that my Best Friend was not going to school, so I was going to be all alone..

But, I went to orientation (funny thing is that my College was about ten minutes from my house!) and I ended up meeting new people, fitting in just fine and made it through the day. 
My first day was full of anxiety, worry about where my classes were located, and if I could find an open seat far away from the professor! (I am social awkward..)

My college experience was fun. I met some people, including a guy who was in a fraternity and had a little experience with college life. Let's just say that nothing went far and it was not for me! I preferred my guy friends, whom I did not lose touch with. I lived life like I was still in High School, of course I did not know it then, but looking back, it was fun, we would drink, party and find crazy things to do. I guess that was what made it a great experience. 

Do I regret not getting more involved with College life, um, no.  I hung out with my friends from high school through my college life and we did the "club" thing and parties and bar hopping and all those things that you do as a normal twenty one year old. I even met Hubby and started a relationship with him during my college experience. 

I probably would not have graduated if it were not for him and his push. He did not go to school and really pushed me through my education and I really appreciate him for that.

As for looking back on those years I can honestly say that I do not have any regrets. I tend to live my life with the mentality that everything happens for a reason and as it should. (I think it is from a fortune cookie or something!)

I actually drank until I was twenty one and stopped. I have had a drink here and there, but it does not entice me in any way, shape or form.  I would seriously rather have a nice, cold Pepsi over an alcoholic beverage. 

Life is a journey.  Even as an adult, I am still on a journey...every other week.  I think that I will never stop learning, and I am OK with that.

Hopefully, you too do not have any regrets as to the way your have lived your College Years. Embrace your story, don't compare. It is your own and can be written in any way that makes it just that..Yours!
 
~KEL~
 

  

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...