Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Letter to Teen Mom 2- Girls...

This is my letter to the Teen Mom 2 girls. 

Google Image
Preface: I would like to start by saying that I am not a teen Mom. I do not know your struggles, your hardships or your life-besides what is aired on T.V.  I do not wish to "slam" any of you, I believe that you are all doing the best with what you have been dealt.  This being said, I am a Mom, I do understand what it is like to raise children. I was almost a teen mother and although I have not walked in those shoes, I can imagine the things that must weight on each of your shoulders everyday. 
I would then like to say that I have watched not only Teen Mom 2, but all of you in 16 & Pregnant. I almost feel like I have been on walked along side each of you on your journey. I do not agree with *everyone's' choices, but feel that the show has brought to life the consequences of getting pregnant before you are ready. Each of your stories are inspiring and I hope will help me be a better parent when it comes to discussing sex and babies with my own girls. 

OK, on with it already Kel!

Google Image

My Letter to Chelsea
I have watched you grow up girl! I mean, thinking back to you in your episode of 16 & Pregnant, I remember scratching my head, thinking to myself that this poor girl has no idea what kind of ways her life is about to be turned upside down.  Adam was a jerk then, he is a jerk now, and unfortunately for him, he will probably always be a jerk.  OK, not to totally bash Adam. I love watching you grow, you are a Great Mom! Do not ever let anyone tell you different!  I am glad, (you are NOT going to want to hear this) that Adam is finally trying to be a part of Aubrey's Life. Unfortunately, this journey has been recorded and she will see that it is only when he is expecting a new baby that he steps up for Aubs. But, I think that being a Daddy's girl myself, it is important for a girl to have her Dad. Even if he is a hot mess.  The best decisions you made were moving on from the toxicity that is Adam. You are a devoted Mom and it has been a joy to watch you blossom into the person you have become. Keep striving for those stars and don't give up.  The kicker is when you were going to change Aubrey's name on the Birth Certificate because Adam was such a nasty person, kind of wish you had. I can totally feel your insecurities when it comes to not being with her and I think it is sad that Adam doesn't get that. I think that he can't relate because he has always been a piece of her life, not a part. Hang in there. You will be a better parent for sharing custody, even when you want to be selfish (I would too) but for Aubrey, and for her growth. I think that if anything, when he is with her he does love her and she will make HIM a better person. (Ironic, isn't it!)
Google Image


My Letter to Kail
You have been busy girl!  I think that you are a wonderful Mom. You are NOT your Mother, not even close. All I ask of you is to cut Javi some slack. He is a good one and deserves all your love and attention. I totally understand that editing happens, but you always seem so cold towards him. He is a stand up guy and you are so lucky to have found him.
You were a beautiful bride. Your ceremony brought tears to my eyes and I thought that it was a new start for you both and so romantic. I love that you are also having a civil relationship with Joe. Just remember, Joe is a GREAT Dad, you are so lucky! Don't discredit him. He has been the best Teen Dad ever and deserves that credit because a lot of the Teen Dad's kind of distances themselves and he has fought for Isaac as much as you have. You are both great Parents and I love that Javi and Him are also trying to build a civil relationship. It says a lot about you guys and your Co-Parenting. Now, onto Vi, give her a chance. She is great with Isaac and you found happiness, let Joe find it too! It will be better for Isaac in the long run.
My last words are, keep doing what your doing. You have grown so much and have turned into a good person, Kail. I just wish you would let your guard down a little and warm up a smidge! ;)

Google Image

My Letter to Jenelle
Oh girl..I do not want to bash you, you get it enough from Barbara and your fans, but I just wish you loved yourself! You need to start with YOU, work your way to Jace and then, maybe, just maybe, you can find love elsewhere.
Bi-Polar disorder is tough and I am proud of you for putting yourself out there, letting the world see how the disease affects you. I do not personally suffer, but I do have a Mother and Brother who battle the disorder and I see the struggles both internal and external that they afflict. Stay strong, find the right medication and look at yourself in the mirror. You are a beautiful person with a huge heart. Give yourself some of that love from that heart and start there. You need to love you before you can let anyone else love you and the love you are getting is not the right kind.
As for Nathan, hopefully you have moved on. Although with a baby, I am sure there will always be a back and forth that will happen for now on. He is bad news. I saw right through his pretty boy face from the get. He might have his own money and all the flash, he inflicts anger in you and twists stuff to set you off. Any relationship like this is best to avoid.
As for Jace, don't leave him behind. Fight for him. I really haven't ever seen you fight for him and he is suffering. Stop being selfish and love you and love him. He is the only guy you need in your life. Parenting is tough and keeps you grounded at the same time. It is kind of amazing in that aspect and if you could worry about him more and being the best Mom your could be, you would improve your disorder and rid yourself of the depression.
Hang in there girl and next time I see you, I hope that you have Jace, new baby and are smiling and all about your babies. They deserve it!

Google Image

My Letter to Leah
This one is the one that I needed to save for last. Leah, my heart aches for you in so many ways. You are a hands down Ah-Mazing Mother! I give you nothing but tons of credit for the life you have created. You are strong and caring and active and just amazing. So, let's talk Jeremy. OK, I am married and I have learned the meaning of being a "Godly Wife" and seriously, look into this (it is on my blog) - you need to pick you battles and stop nagging. My life is similar, minus the day travel. I do not see my Hubby a heck of a lot because of his crazy work schedule. How do I get through it? Texting. Whether he responds or not, I text. I also remember why he is working. It isn't for him, it isn't for stuff he wants to buy..nope it is for me and my girls. I do not lose sight of that because at the end of the day I ask myself, Does he want to be away from us, does he want to be working 10 hours days, six days a week? You need to stay rationale, no matter how hard it is.
You have your hands full. I totally get that! You just have to take the time you do have with Jeremy and love him. Put the fighting away. One thing that does bother me, and again.editing might be obscuring my vision, but he is very cold. You say that you love him and get a blank stare, no words back. I think that counseling would help break that, but only if he is willing and right now he seems very adamant that he is not interested. Maybe it is just lack of communication, or maybe it is just the nagging but you might need to push with more affection. I think that saying, Kill em' with kindness, would work in the affection department.
You are under a lot of stress, but you still deserve to be treated like a great wife. Do not lose sight of why you were married and do not throw in the towel at the first fight. If you meant your vows, do not give up. This is something I wish someone would have told you with your marriage to Cory. If you would have bought that stupid old pick up...you never let me drive... there would have been compromise and a home might have followed. If is water under the bridge and you can not go back, just move forward. You found Jeremy, now it is all about showing him your love and getting him to show you his!

As for you absolutely beautiful girls...Alleah is a normal 4 almost 5 year old. Her behavior is hands down, normal!  I speak from experience, as my 5 yo exhibits the same rowdiness. My children are 2 years apart and completely different! Ali is so stinking adorable! You stay so strong for her and I swear it is keeping her thriving! I am still in shock about the results and just want to give you a huge hug. You and Cory handled the news better than I knew Hubby and I would have. It is a huge hurdle, but if anyone is going to get through it, it will be you.

I love the co-parenting that Cory and you are managing and although I personally, would love to have seen a happy ending between the two of you, I am happy with your life partner decisions and love the fact that you both talk regularly and work together. You have to  for those girls and I love the Mom you are for always keeping that as your primary focus! I love your Momma too! She did/does good with you and you are so lucky to have her always by your side. She is open and honest and listens and that is something you truly need.  I would never sit here and try to act like i know what your going through. I don't and I am so sorry you are going through this, but know that you and your girls have touch my heart. I know that you and Jeremy can gt through all these hurdles. Please just remember that marriage is work. It is not meant to be easy and understand where he is coming form. That being said, I hope that he can somehow understand where you are coming from and the things you deal with  and hold up on your shoulders daily. Men don't ever seen to though.

Please hang in there, live for you girls, your family and never give up! Keep pushing Ali, she was put on this earth as an inspiration. She is truly a kind soul and when you put Alleah and her together, they were meant to do something big in this world!

Google Image

*******************

You girls are all amazing. I hope that we see you again, that you keep inspiring us all, young and old. Keep your message loud and preach it to your own little ones. Having kids is not easy and it will not keep a man. Thank you for hopefully helping me instill some kind of protection and the importance of such for my own girls in the future. It can happen, it will happen unless you are careful and yes, to you!

Take care ladies and keep on being Great Moms. 

Google Image


#teenmom2  #strugglespayoff  #kidsarehard

~KEL~

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...