Friday, March 14, 2014

Its Friday People, and I'm Fuming!!!

Yesterday, we blog about Ex-Boyfriends,today we blog about Husbands we love...and hate...

 Today is Friday.  It is supposed to be a Great Frickin' Day.. Right?  Well, I guess someone else had something else in mind for me because what was an OK Friday (while I was working,of course) turned into a TERRIBLE Friday... Thank you Hubby...

marriage quotes; save your marriage; improve your relationships; romance; romantic; couples
{pinned image}

Relationships are hard.  Anyone who says they are easy, is Lying! We just had the calm, before the storm. (his words, not mine!) He informed me, at 5 a.m. this morning, that he has a potluck at work and needed to get some Meat Balls from Gordon's to take with him, but he needed to get some sleep. 
Now, I know that he was not implying for me to get the meatballs, but I knew there would be a catch... 

So, this morning, around 9:30 a.m. I get a text from Hubby saying that he is picking up the meatballs and I can test them when I get home from work.  OK.  So, I get off work, Thank God! I cruise over to get my girly's! It was a great drive to get them too, sun was shining, it was 51 degrees and it made my Mood Happy! 

My Girls had a good day. My oldest had school and got her first ever report card. It said that she is stubborn when it comes to trying new foods, she can't hop on 1 foot and she can't skip. Otherwise, it actually says that she loves to learn- Sorry, Proud Mama moment!

We had to make a stop at McDonald's- Shamrock Shakes, of course! Then homeward bound. So, we walk in the door at 3:30 p.m. and of course, I have a mess to clean up.  Our Bulldog decided to EAT his darn bed and pee on it! Oh what fun.  So, I had to clean all that up and them wash the dang dog, because he knew he was bad and went in pee ridden kennel- thanks Otis! 

Then it is 4:00 p.m. or a little after. Yes, I smell meatballs. Hubby wakes up and says that I burnt the meatballs because I didn't tend to them. Say What? I just worked, picked up kids, got them Shakes, cleaned up after dog and bathed him and I was supposed to deal with HIS frickin' meatballs too! I was kind of BUSY! HELLO.

I want to be the wife who believes in the man God is making him when everyone else sees only the mistakes he has made!
[pinned image]
So, I said something about I didn't know that was my responsibility and he said that he asked me to deal with them. WTF. I was pissed at this point.  So, I dealt with his meatballs, and yes, some of them were burnt -  but guess what, they would have been even with me getting home at 3:30 p.m. so {stick my tongue out here}.

Anyways, he left with a "Good Bye" and spinned his tires on his way out of our gravel driveway. 

I cooled down, slowed my roll and texted him that I didn't want to fight, nothing was going to change the situation but fighting wasn't the answer and wasn't going to fix it. I said I was SORRY.  Instead of him saying OK, I get a spiel about my suckey attitude and blah blah blah.  Then he says that because of this effin' shtuff.. he forgot him headphones.. Really. 

This man knows a LOT about what helps - and what hurts - relationships.  He's done tons of research on it, read his stuff it's amazing.
{pinned image}
Whatever.  He is Lucky I love him, because right now I have a list a mile long of everything that is "MY RESPONSIBILITY" that I am on my own with, PLUS I work full time.  Yes, I am acting like a baby, but it has me fuming! 

{deep breath}

I am honestly ready for a weekend, could use a glass of Asti and some sleep! I will get a weekend and sleep but have to for-go the Asti.. (boo) 

Hopefully we can make up because it is stupid and I was acting childish, but I just feel like I have to handle everything, all the time. I am doing this single Mom thing too and I totally get that he has to work and he is making money for our family, I am so proud of him, but at the same time, I wish I was appreciated a little more without have to toot my own horn all the time. All I want to do is stay home. It is so sad. I think that might be the root to my temper! I could have made the meatballs and handled all this and that, he could get sleep and get up way before the thirty minutes he is pushing now to get to work on time. I could be taking 5 YO to school and picking her up and handling my Mommy Business. Hopefully this will happen. Better yet, I am making this happen!

This was an actual discussion we had before our wedding day. You get one shot at forever, and you'll have to fix it, work on it, and give it all you've got![pinned image = PERFECT!]
But for now, I am breathing in and out and trying to move past my anger for the situation, in which I just spoke, and find peace and happiness. 

Marriage is full of silly little fights. Then, we move on, together! 

P.S. The Dog Is Sparkling White!

OTIS Amstutz- Our Bulldog

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...