Sunday, March 9, 2014

Super Sunday.. @ Sam's Club

Once a Month trip to Sam's Club

It is always an adventure to go to the grocery store, but to the local Membership Club box store is full of FUN! Especially when you get the sweet seat cart.

sams club
google image

We woke up today (losing an hour of sleep) knowing exactly what we had in store for us. It was our Sam's Club Sunday!  

We got the kids up, dressed and headed out for a quick bit to eat at Bob's (Bob Evans is my kiddo's favorite place to eat) - where my children dined on Piggy Pancakes (yes, they were piggy faces and they said they were delicious) and headed for our journey to our local Sam's Club. 

We had a list and knew it was membership renewal day too! It was a rough one, that is all I have to say folks!

We stocked up on our usual's, toilet paper, flush able wipes (if you have kids and do not have these- you should seriously consider- they are AWESOME!) our food, fruit and veggies and beverages.  Hubby wanted an Xbox One game, we had some stuff to get for gifts and they girls conned us out of 2 movies- Dora and Minnie Mouse. 

Things we buy from Sam's and Why:

We always stock up on Milk- @ 2.49/ gallon. We always buy two! 
We get 3 lbs of banana for 1.36- which we all like bananas! Picky kids only eat Bananas and Apples.
Which brings us to our next deal: Apples pre-sliced (yes, pre-sliced) for 3.98 for 32 ounces.
 And they are red delicious (my girls favorite kind of apples).

Ground beef is 3.18/lb for 90/10. This is good ground beef and all I will buy. I pay extra money for it but you don't have any gristle or funny bone particles in this meat and less fat when cooking up.

3 lbs. of red seedless grapes for 6.98.  We always buy grapes.  I had children who loved them, then didn't and I have gotten very creative by using koolaid packets to sweeten the grapes up to make them sweet n' sour and the girls are back to loving them!

Beef Chuck Roast for 3.98/lb.  We do roasts. Not many people do, but we do! I add the potatoes, the carrots and the mushroom soup mix and have a roast at least once a month. It is a staple that I grew up with and want to make that something my girls remember also!

Beef Ball Park Franks - All BEEF for 6.52 for 3 lbs. and I freeze half of the package for double my value. We always fall back on hot dogs when the girls won't eat what I cook, which is usually always. I make sure we have these on hand because they are quick and easy and in a pinch, they work!

These are just a few of my regular items that I always pick up and the reasons why. 

I think it is also important to note that Motts apple juice- you get a 2 pack for $4.88, when I went to Meijer's just the other day and for 1 that is not even as many ounces as what I am getting 2 of was $4.28 and YES, I walked away. Better to do without until my Sam's Sunday run, than to get ripped off!

______________________________________________________________
 
I am starting a new diet, so I had some things to grab and a bag of Meal Replacement Protein powder (sorry Shakeology, but since I no longer coach, I can not afford you, not that I could coaching either but now it is NOT an option).  

So, you want to hear about my diet? I know your ears perked up with that lovely four letter word.  I am not a diet kind of girl. I work hard, I work out and try to eat decent, but lately, since I have had 2 kids and seem to be tired all the time and do not get nearly 8 solid hours of sleep at night, my metabolism seems to be all out of whack.  I have stayed at a steady weight since having #2 and can not seem to move it, no matter how much I do. So, I have been reading up on how to boost your metabolism and found a 3 day diet plan that boosts your metabolism and gets you on the right track to continue to think about what you are putting into your system. 

3 Day Diet, this has been around for years, but if you follow it to the letter, you will lose the weight, 8-10lbs in three days. take 4 days off. Do it again.
Picture from email from friend who is doing diet with me
So Day #1 looks like this:
Breakfast:  1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice wheat toast, 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter and Coffee or Tea.

Lunch: 1/2 cup tuna, 1 slice wheat toast, and coffee or tea.

Dinner: 3 ounces of any type of Meat, 1 cup green beans, 1/2 banana and 1 small apple with 1 cup of Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert.

Day #2 looks like this:
Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice toast, and 1/2 banana *hard boiled egg

Lunch: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, and 5 saltine crackers

Dinner: 2 hot dogs (turkey or beef- no bi products) - no buns,  1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrot's, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Day #3 looks like this: 
Breakfast: 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 small apple 

Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice toast

Dinner:  1 cup tuna, 1/2 banana, 1 cup vanilla ice cream.


It is super important not to SNACK!  Also, do not substitute anything listed. You must follow exactly as planned.

After day #3- eat normal for 4 days before you can start the diet again.


___________________________________________________________________

I am super excited to start this challenge and to see if I an get my metabolism moving. I just want something to start it. It is also important get exercise with this plan, which I currently get 20 minutes on my elliptical and I do a T25 video every other day (everyday kills my knees- even at Tania's pace)

<<<Back to your adventures at Sam's, all went smooth. The girls had a good time and were excellent and we all made it out with being upset or anything but all smiles, even with the sticker shock!


What a great Sunday!

Even better, Zombies are on tonight and I can not wait!

Best reason to have a sam's/costco/bj's membership
Pinned image

Happy Sunday.. Let's count down to Friday, again!

~KEL~

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...