Saturday, March 1, 2014

T G I F F F F... (you fill in the F's!) - Oh Yea, February is OVER! C-ya...

Have you ever wanted something so bad? 

I feel like I have waited for this DAY all week, anybody with me? It didn't seem like it would EVER get here and it has been an exceptionally eventful day for sure.  Going out with a BANG. 

Friday, February 28th, 2014

March is upon us. (Actually I am blogging so late- and I will get to that- that it is officially March 1st!) 
I don't know about you but February has been a hmm..dingger in my opinion!  Cold, Snowy, Ice, Dry Skin, the Sickness (which won't leave...) and it just has seemed to drag on and on and on....

Today was no exception for my family.  Did you know.. 
                                    *that I have been to the Doctor's office 5 times since Thursday, 2/21.
                                    *that both my girls are down and out

I hate this sickness. Thursday, we headed to the doctor's for my 5yo's horrible cough, which turned into an upper respiratory infection.  They put her on antibiotics and she seemed to be on the mend.  But, here is the kicker, that was Thursday, she already had her scheduled wellness check for Kindergarten set for Monday, 2/24- so not only did we have to go in on Thursday, but again on Monday.  And let me tell you, that Kindergarten check is nothing short of military training! Ears, eyes, skills, shoe tying and peeing in a cup- which my Diva was NOT having! So, we had to take the cup home and bring it back. So Tuesday, after we got her to pee in her little sisters training potty and put it in the cup (ugh!) we ran BACK to the doctors for a drop off. 

Side note: OK, as a parent, when you see a certain, bold typed sign all around the office, taped to the door to enter and all that says that the office has had a Whooping Cough outbreak, are you freaked out? I am a Mom who is totally terrified that my girls will get this disease. (insert the controversial subject of VACCINATIONS here and my personal beliefs- Vaccinate your kids people- your only hurting them- but again, another topic for another time!)

So, we drop off the pee and make our 30 minute trip back to the other side of the frickin world, or so it seems. 

Wednesday, I get a phone call (at work) that my 2yo has the same kind of cough going on. Mind you, Monday evening when we got home my 2yo had a little, normal sounding cough at this point, but was doubled over with a stomach ache- so something was obviously going on at that point.  So, Momma is back to the doctors. She has fluid on her lungs and in her ear and we are introduced to the nebulizer. Oh Joy! 

Finally get home- and we had a stint at the pharmacy too, with one kid. My parents ended up keeping 5yo overnight. Which brings us to Thursday, get a phone call (at work because I have had a week and forgot my cell phone) to 5yo work up with red hives everywhere.  I am thinking, OK, heat rash.  We have been battling fevers. Well, my Mom thinks it is Measles- really? I call Doctors, I really didn't want to go back in for a rash.. So we agreed, Calamine bath with Hydrocortizon cream after. I used 1/2 a tube! True Story!

You can look now - it's friday #funny #friday
[pinned image]

So, that brings us to today, Friday.  I get a phone call from Hubby that the dots have multiplied and are now covering inside of hands, all of back and all the way up to her ears. Ugh!  So, appointment time. Our Doc. is out till Monday so we schedule with another Doc.  I am super aggravated at Hubby because I could've scheduled an 11am but heaven forbid he has to take them anywhere, let alone call the doctor. I am so frustrated.  (kind of still a heated topic for me.. weird!)

So, I had to get off work, drive to my old house, pick up rent, drive to gas station because my red light was on and poppin', stop off at bank for night deposit, run to my Parents to pick up my ladies, run to Doctors, to find out kiddo has Penicillin allergy like her Dad! We finally got home a little late and had to rush a breathing treatment on 2yo, rush back out of the house for a trip to the grocery store and of course, ended our evening with a shamrock shake from McDonald's. What a frickin' day! I guess the best part is, I was putting girls to bed, felt so tired, came in my room, laid on bed and crashed. Missed Hubby's calls (which phone was on ring) and text messages and ended up with kid in our bed and have no idea how that happened. Crazy!  I think exhaust-en is an understatement?

My Girls

Have you had a day like this recently or is it just me? I need a break! This darn sickness can move on now cause we have had more than our fill at this point. 

So, needless to say, I have waited so long for  you Friday, and wanted you so bad, I am so glad your here, but let's take it nice and slow to get to Monday, deal?


Thanks for letting me share!
Until next time...

~KEL~

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...