Friday, March 21, 2014

Off the Radar..Companies here! (be back on Monday)

Ding, Dong. Company is coming. 

Now it is a race to make sure the house is cleaned up, the toys are neat, the toilet is white! Why do we feel like it's a time to get the floor so clean you could eat off of them when we are expecting company?

 I am having my moment, my Brother is in town from California, and I feel like I am staying up way to late, trying to make sure that all my I's are dotted and T's are crossed, as far as my housework goes. Why? I mean, I don't even have a kitchen floor...yet... so why does it matter if there are play-doh chunks under the art table in the said kitchen on the rock floor? Why does it matter that I have dust all over with half up drywall in every direction on floor #1? And don't get me started on the old, terrible, in need of a serious re-do, wood floors that are dull, grayish and covered in muddy paw prints? 

Well, I don't.  Not this time around. Which for me, is crazy! I suffer from O.C.D. - oh yea, I know what you are thinking, her poor Hubby! Hey, he has stories, I am sure of that, but guess what, so do I!

This girl right here was one that ran her vacuum every day! I don't mean that I just swept here and there, oh no, I had a pattern, a way that I had to vacuum the carpets, then I had to do the steps from top to bottom, and then there was the cool attachment just for my micro-fiber couch! And yes, I am that girl that had to have the carpet lines in carpet and couch...

What the heck has changed me? What is so different? Some think it is my house, it is an old farm house, after all. But, no, this started happening before our move. This started happening when I started having children. I had baby #1 and I was still pretty anal. I had to mop the floors daily, on top of vacuum because baby was crawling and what not and I could not deal with the fact that she might pick up a germ here and there and heaven forbid it be from my dirty floors.  No, I was still O.C.D. ridden with her, maybe even more so! 
Baby #2 started my transition. I wouldn't even say right away. I still was sucking every ounce of free time I could muster to run my sweeper. I don't think it was until  we found Gray's that I started to slack off. I began realizing that there were more important things than having a spic and span house to live in.  I had a full time job, full time kids, a full time Hubby and two houses that I was trying to manage. I just got lazy! I guess there is no other way to say it than that, right!

Then we moved.  We are muddy, we are dirt ridden and I don't care! There is nothing I can do about it.  If I were to obsess about the paw prints on the floor I would probably go crazy because we have a dirt and stone drive and it is inevitable!

So, I am told that my Little Brother is coming home from California. He hasn't been back since right after I had baby #2 and she will be 3 in April, so needless to say, its been a while. I know he wants to come over, see the new house, which is fine and dandy, but I cleaned on Thursday, my cleaning day- yes I said day, not days. I devote 1 solid day, 2-3 hours of that day, to running sweepers, dusting, mopping and cleaning bathrooms. No more time/days than that! (ok, unless I have shards of bone from the dog in the rugs, I will be defeated for that junk!)

Is this bad? 

Hubby doesn't think so! He is actually really liking the new me. I am less stressed, less moody and enjoying time and life a little more because I am not worrying about what everyone else will think of my house or the way we live. 

But, it is really great to see my Bro and my girls are fighting for his undivided attention. They are good girls. 

He is here until April 1st and I hope to get some time in with him. We have had our share of ups and downs in our relationship since he left and every time he comes back we have a great time catching up.

No wedges and no more cleaning, sorry Tony!

Happy Weekend All!


(*Pic from Airport tonight- when Brother's plane came into hanger.)

~KEL~

 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...