Saturday, March 8, 2014

Parenting Saturday... Life without kids- did it really exist?

All we want in the morning is FIVE MORE MINUTES! #kids #motherhood
nickmom.com



Life without Kids- did it really exist?

Were those days real? Is it getting harder and harder to remember life before? 

 

Last night we had a "Birthday Party" for my Uncle (who is only 10 years older than myself)- and although we all were gathered around the table singing Happy Birthday, it was more for my kiddos than for the Birthday Boy himself.  The whole time my kids were singing at the tops of their lungs when my 2 yo says "Happy Birthday to Uncle Peeeee" and everyone starts laughing!  (He goes by P.R.) 

In this moment, I find myself having a hard time remembering LIFE without children. They are the best thing to happen to Hubby and myself and although we have our moments (more than I would like to admit) where we are screaming and yelling, trying to get someone to listen- it still remains that absolute truth that LIFE is truly better with them here! 

Trying to go back to the days when it was just Hubby and me is getting harder and harder to remember, especially the older that our kids get. 

It was not even like we "jumped" into the whole parenting pool.  We were together for 7 long, strong years before we welcomed Baby Girl #1. And trust me, when they say a Baby Changes Everything, boy do they mean it!
 
The hardest years on our marriage were the beginning years of baby! Somehow, if your love and bond is strong, you both hold onto your commitments, you muddle your way through the hard times and find that happy place, bliss. 

This is where Hubby and I are now. We are in that blissful place where we are just enjoying life with kids.  Today, our 2 yo was a comedian.  She makes the funniest faces ever! Her newest thing is, she tells you something (and yes, it is rather hard to understand when she gets to talking so fast!) and at the end of her spiel she says, "You say Yes, OK!" and it is hilarious! 

Love it. I laughed out loud, by myself at my computer. The sad thing is it's so true.
from NickMom.com

Sometimes I think it is the little things. Our 5 yo has her moments also! She is very serious and when you can get her past that, just to hear her laugh is the best! I have made it my personal goal to break her "serious face" at least five times a day! And yes, tickling works!

Can you remember the days before you had kids? Does it feel like a mirage? 

I know that Hubby and I ate out a lot. I have no idea how I stayed so skinny because after two kids and eating "in", I can not seem to get back down to what I once was, b.k.  That in itself is crazy! 

I know that we used to have time to watch movies and stay up late and see friends.  I almost think we took it for granted, looking back on it!  But, if I had to say anything, I think life is so much better with our kids. I just can't remember what we used to talk about? Not that all we talk about is our kids, but it is never a dull subject! 

I think that's why a lot of people have kids! I like justin too much so we will opt out of the third person in the house!
pinned image

Do my kids drive me mad? Of course! I don't think I have calmness in me anymore because I honestly feel like I am always hyper! But every once in a while the girls throw me a bone- like today. Our day was good, no yelling, no timeouts, no nothing. It was calm.  I had one minor incident with Play Doh and my 2 yo, in which I had to clean up the YELLOW play doh from the rock board in the kitchen (because we still don't have tile) - but its rock board and it will be covered by Tile so whatever!

Tonight was pretty fun, my girls dressed up and put on a Frozen musical, hilarious karaoke and all! They are , as my 5 yo is such an actress and can not focus on just singing but has to keep playing with her hair the whole time!

These moments are etched into my brain and forever will be. I wouldn't ask for it to be any other way!

So, the time before kids, yes, it was Hubby time and it will always be a part of us, but not a reality for 16 more years! (lord help us) 

For now though, I am OK with it. I love my girls and love being a Mom and am so happy with the life that my Hubby and I have built.  I'm still one lucky Bea...

~KEL~
 
Is this your definition of mother? :) http://www.KidzCentralStation.com #parents #humor #mother #moms
Pinned Image!

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...