Monday, November 18, 2013

The purpose of my blog- I WANT TO BE AN AUTHOR

So, I wrote a book. I started a few more, but I wrote a book from start to finish.  I let it sit for years. I found it again, re-read it, changed it up a little here and there and finished it again.
I took an e-course I purchased from LivingSocial.com - $20 for a 10 module book publishing course - I finished said course and yet here I am, still struggling to find the words for my Query Letter so that I can start submitting for publishing.

I am going to try to start with a Literary Agent, because I am noticing a lot of the publishing companies do not take independent work and self publishing is NOT an option for me.

I want to be legit.  I want to write, I love to write and I want to make this a career.  I want to be Nora Roberts.  She has been my favorite Author for as long as I can remember.  I am loyal, always pre-ordering the next book, dive in when it finally comes out.  I am a huge fan and want to capture my audience and paint the vivid pictures in others as she does for me.

I also want this blog to be about my life.  I am a Mom, Wife and a victim of home remodel.  I love my life and would only change 1 aspect, I would love, love, love to be a stay at home Mom.  Especially with my oldest getting ready for Kindergarten next fall.

I will start my journey to getting published and I am sure it will be a part of this blog as it will be a part of my life.

Thanks for following me, if you are! 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...