Sunday, November 17, 2013

World News: China's Vow to Relax One-Child Policy

chinas-vow-to-relax-one-child-policy-faces-reality-check

My views on this article are filled with thoughts of, um, ridiculous-ness!  It is 2013 people!  The Chinese are only allowed to have 1 child unless BOTH parents are only children, then are allowed to have 2 children.  The "relaxed" decision would allow those who want two children to do so ONLY IF one of the parents is an only child.

I understand that this is a population control issue and that it is NOT America! I am not that naive.  But, really, a government that dictates how many children you are ALLOWED to have?  I can not even comprehend that.

How do you feel about the Duggers?  I am sure that China mocks this family standard.  I don't hate them, they are a stable family, debt free even.  In my opinion, only having 2 children, I am ENVIOUS to say the least!  I hope to attain that financial status in the near future, but could never image with 19 kids under my belt.  The financial burden alone is a tough pill to swallow.  Again, this is in America.  These standards are NOT a 'reality' for China.

I just feel that God has a hand in fertility and the Government in China is dictating that.  I don't know anything about their religious backgrounds or anything, but I can only image, from my standpoint, that this is a normal thing for them and not to be challenged.


I would also like to note that as I feel that God has a hand in fertility, he does let us all have our own decisions.  I am comfortable with two children.  I don't feel like I would do myself justice as a mother with three, this is ME.  I know plenty of friends, family and women in general, who are on baby number three or four or five and they are excellent mothers and I can totally see them with tons of kids.  I don't look down on people for the number of children they do bare.  To each their own.

As an American, I think China is crazy, but I guess that is why I live in America, right!



No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...