Monday, June 16, 2014

Family Time ... Father's Day 2014

Family Time

6/15/2014

What is the meaning of Family Time to your Family?


In Honor of Father's Day, and in the honor of the two great Men in my life, my Dad and my Hubby,  I would like to let them both know how much they mean to me.  


My Dad has been the best Dad to me through the years and allowed me to learn to be independent and reliable and think before making decisions.  


My Hubby has been my rock. He has stood beside me through this life of ours and always had my back in every crazy scheme, decision, idea that I have come up with in the 12 long years that we have been by each others side.  I could not ask for a better life partner or a better Father to our girls. (I am one Lucky girl!)

"I have never been loved and I’m aching to love and to be loved, fearing I never will."
Favorite!!


Yesterday, (Father's Day 2014) - we had a Family Cook-Out and even had my very *favorite cousin, Julie and her hubby, Rick and their daughter, Valerie- here all the way from California. We had a house full and I loved every minute of it!  I think that I was made to entertain (in my own home!) - as I got all the food prepped and ready to go (by myself - go me!) and just enjoyed being within my own (newer) surroundings (Gray Gables).  I love this old house we have and the memories that we are making around it!  





The girls were outside playing, getting dirty as all get out (which for my little ladies is a NORM since we moved out here) and riding power wheels (all day) making Cousin Rick a nervous Daddy!  It was nothing short of EPIC, and if I could have Julie and Rick near us all the time, I absolutely WOULD.  (Hubby already informed me that Cali is not on our might move to list though and frankly I am there with him- too darn expensive!)



Family time was happening at old Gray Gables and Memories were being handed out in the spoonfuls.  It was awesome.




What does Family Time mean to your family?

The problem with Families is the drama.  I can not say that mine if Drama free- because it certainly is not.  One day, I hope that everyone can be re-united to the family that I once knew- but until that day, I will take the halves that I do get.  Hopefully, one day, I can find my voice and find a way to make everyone happy (I don't count on this day happening- but hey, it sounds good!)

All in all, when it was time to say goodbye to Cousin Julie & Rick, it was bittersweet. It has been probably 6-7 years since we last saw them, and with my Hubby and his determination NOT to ever FLY- Cali is NOT in our Future!! (tear)  

So, until the next time that they make the trip to Ohio (which I am sure is a BORE after living in CALI) we had to say goodbye.  The hardest part was the goodbyes that came from the little cousins- Valerie cryed, my biggest hugged and hugged again and hugged again while stating that she did not want her "Best Friend" to leave and my youngest (who is the same age as Valerie) hugged and hugged and made the same argument apparent- "Best Friends Forever!"  


It actually brings back a lot of memories of my childhood.  There was a pact made between Julie, Brandi (my other cousin), Carissa (my other cousin) and myself- as we did *everything together when everyone was around one another.  There were memories of being at our Grandparents house, swimming in the pool, picking raspberries behind the garage, walking in the field to Julie's house...we were all so close. There were the days of Cedar Point and I was always to "short" to ride all the roller coasters the other 3 got to ride. (boo!)  But there are infinite memories that will always be defined within me!

Wishing my girls had cousins to have those same memories with... knowing they do and are starting to create these and although they are not true *cousins, the meaning is the same! 

Just as Julie and Rick have been titled Aunt and Uncle.  Closeness makes you family - just as Hubby's cousins have also been deemed this title. (This is the hardest part of Hubby not having siblings and me only having 1 - who is in CALI!)


But, it was a wonderful day, I think everyone had a good time and nice to just get together with everyone and "catch up" every once in a while.  Plus, my Hubby makes a banging BBQ!  LOL!!





Happy Father's day to all the Fathers/Dads/Grandfathers/Uncles/Brothers out there!  (yes, I am a day late!)



~KEL



No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...