Saturday, June 21, 2014

Our FAMILY To- Do List JUST KEEPS GROWING and I could USE some SLEEP!

Have you ever woke up, thought to yourself..Ahh, I could get a few more ZZZ's before crawling out of this comfy bed?

Rise and Shine? Ummm..no.    :-)  rise means work. Lol.       Ok time to take.dog out.
Then reality HITS you like a TON of bricks, as your mind starts revealing all the "Plans" you had for your day, none of which include SLEEPING. (dislike!)

Usually, my day starts with a Kid in our room, sitting in the office chair, twirling, singing and looking out of the window on the other side of the room. (FUN!)  Today was more of the same scenario.  This mean that it was officially TIME TO GET UP and then I looked at the clock and read the awesome number illuminating from it...showing an awesome 7:30 a.m.  Oh joy.  I knew i went to bed to late last night, but wishful thinking was hoping kids would SLEEP IN. (I said wishful thinking - sleeping-in ONLY happens on school days- after all!)

Mom Sleep ... it's a real thing. http://www.furniturelandsouth.com/promos/sleepland-opening.aspx

It was a whirlwind of chaos from this point- one kid up, then two. Then it was the dreadful.."Mom, I'm STARVING." (they have NO IDEA what Starving IS BTW!) The kicker..Daddy the great promised these two little ladies WAFFLES...and we all know that at a little shy of 8- he is in no way, shape or form ready to roll out of bed (as good old Mom had to..) 

So, I did what ANY great Mom would do- I handed them a red plastic bowl each with a giant Purple Cookie from Nana's house the night before- in which she, of course was CONNED into by my devious little children.  "We get a snack for breakfast, Mom."  I shake my head in agreement and move along. Maybe this is guilt? But they ate those damn smiling cookies and we are not going to discuss them again. 

Smile cookies. Edible smiling faces and the pink matches the bowl.

My decisions to give cookies are out of spite for the man that I call my Hubby- who has the luxury of sleeping-in... (I am lashing out, my Hubby works hard and I get it- but seriously, Moms, does it not get OLD when you are always caring for children- like 24-7- I need a DAMN break!)  Plus, these stupid cookies seemed to make the girls H A P P Y.

So, now that it is 10:30 and Daddy the Great is still nowhere in sight and our playroom is officially a WAR ZONE- I am scratching my head at all the "plans" these children have for the rest of the day!

If you are considering buying a jumper for your children the Bansai Mega Boucer  is worth considering. This inflatable bounce house is a size...
Top of their list, as soon as Dad is up...bounce house time.  So, as a Mom, I HAVE to make this happen. The kicker is that we live in the good old country and this wind is insane- like we are talking..blow over the bounce house occupied with girls in it. EEK!  

So, said Bounce House has an occupied spot...in the living room - Oh Joy!  We had it out the other day (thanks to RAIN) and let me just say that my little one only had her face stepped on once by the big one.. FUN!

I noticed a few fun things going on this afternoon-perhaps a parade up the road, or a trip to the library (which would be fun for all!) and they HAVE to go outside- wear these crazy ladies OUT!

I am a Mom with all those awesome lists of the 100 things to do this summer. They all sound fantastic, but reality is, I am that Mom that has been trying to make this awesome silky soft play doh crap for like 2 weeks now and just can't find the T I M E to put it all together. (Seriously, it is like 2 ingredients...) 

1 PART Conditioner
2 PARTS Corn Starch

In saying this out loud (or in type) I am realizing that I have to up my game. Awesome Mom is who I want to be...instead I tend to be screaming, yelling Mom. (boo!)  These girls are insane, loud and guess what - both sets of ears are SO BROKEN on them. I seriously do not get ANY attention until I am in the Yelling MODE. (I hate it!) 

So, our list today just KEEPS growing! Hubby has a honey-do list that will last him till he is at least 45. Lucky Him. Mine grows daily- fun with two kids.  Life is good, wait, right? (totally just kidding! It is MY life and I wouldn't change it - well I do enjoy the date nights that do happen once in a blue moon though- reminds me of days BK!) 

Cute (and free!) printable lists to help organize, clean, cook...

To all your To- Do Lists, don't forget to have fun.  We will try today- hopefully without face stepping disasters.  And hey, I might even get that darn play doh crap made..(I am making a face and not really counting on it!)  And BTW, I would LOVE to make some homemade cookies too- I know it will NOT happen, but it sounds real good! 

Happy Saturday All!

~KEL

Chalkboard Hand Lettering "Let It Go" Arrow Pattern Chalk Quote Illustration Print Henna Designs

(p.s. my Shakeology is helping my sarcasm today and my angst towards my Hubby!  As ANNA and ELSA say... LET IT GO!- LOL)

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...