Sunday, January 11, 2015

Channeling a Write- Day 6

Let's get to it!

Our Challenge Word - Writing Prompt of the day is:

VILLAIN

Kat stood in the coroner's room.  The bones had been moved, carefully picked up, nothing left behind and transported to the cold, steel table where they lie now.  The coroner, a guy in his mid thirties stood tall with his skinny arms at his sides, hands in his pockets.  He looked troubled. Ill.  He looked at me with a look of utter disgust, for me for doing this work, for himself for having to process whatever this was. I did not speak first, I waited, watched.  It was worse than it had been at the scene, now it was what it was, nothing confused with the earth of our land. 

"Who would do this?  To a person?"  his words fell harsh to join the body on the table.  My thoughts were alone with me.  It was as if I heard him, but I was outside of my own body.  Body.  This was not a body, I was a body, this before me, clearly was not. 

Bile rose in my mouth.  These thoughts wrecking havoc on my instincts, my head, my mind.  It was sick. The coroner's question was spot on within my lonely thoughts.  Did the animal who did this know that this was a person?  A living, breathing person?  I had to meet my villain.  That is what this person was, a Villain and I was the superhero who had to stop this animal dead in his tracks.  I had to do right. I had to have the passion flowing freely in my blood and end this animal, this terrible villain,  from existence...from LIFE.

-----------------------------------------------

Of course, I will need proofing. I am just flying by the seat of my pants, the passion of my writing taking over all else.  If I start to think about the editing part, I will wipe it and deflate my challenge in its entirety.  I am having fun.  This is thinking outside of the box and letting my thoughts flow freely and I have never felt so happy before. 


Please share all!  By the way, I am hoping your Sunday is starting off right!  Thank you so much for following and don't forget to leave a comment! ;)



Happy Weekend!

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...