Sunday, January 25, 2015

Writing Challenge- Day 20

Writing Challenge WORD OF THE DAY:

WASH

I was still processing all my thoughts when we arrived at the station. Mac still intently listened to me turn each new corner.  He had a plan, and I was grateful. 

We headed to the morgue. Stop number one. Hardy was working this morning. He was an older man who had nearly thirty years of service in and was just a peach. 

"Detectives, welcome to the walking dead." he said with a snicker that moved his jolly belly.

"Hardy. Boy have I missed you." I said smiling.

"Vacations pull me away from this place."

"And that, I don't blame at all. Welcome back, all the same." I said, still smiling. This man has that affect on people. 

"Miss Kat, I am so sorry to hear about your...Sister, is it?"

"Thank you. It is terrible and no leads to top it all off. Which is what brings us here.  Any labs back yet?"

Hardy moved to the desk, that was somewhere under the mountain of paperwork that had made it its home. "Agh, yes. Toxs came back.  She had Marijuana in her blood stream and alcohol. Nothing beyond. Looks like she was anemic."

"Pregnant?"
Hardy looked at me, questionably. "Kat, is this confirmed? There is a separate testing that needs to be done to determine fertility."

"I don't know for sure, but I am suspecting." 

"OK. I am going to go pull. I am so sorry dear." he said in his sweet, caring manner that makes him Hardy. 

We headed upstairs in the elevator. "Something about that place makes me want to wash up every time we leave." Mac said, holding his hands by his side. 

"Heeby Jeebies?" I said, smiling.

"No, just the dead and fluids freaks me out is all."

I had to laugh. He was such a tough guy but yet he was a wash up freak whenever we left the morgue. 



------------------------------

I kind of feel the same!  Last night my Mom was telling me about this show where they are undertakers but they like to wrestle? OMG. I laughed so hard and then she tells me she is recording it on the DVR. Hilarious!


How are you all doing with the writing challenge? 




Comments/Questions/Suggestions are always welcomed!

Happy Sunday all! Getting ready for yet, another week!


~Kel

1 comment:

TopEssayServices said...

I truly appreciate this article.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

definition essay examples

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...