Saturday, January 24, 2015

Writing Challenge- Day 19

Happy Saturday All!  I am so ready for this weekend...and the opportunity to SLEEP. (Yes, I got sleep too!) 

Today is my Dad's Birthday! We are getting ready to head over and celebrate with family and have a nice dinner and cake- of course! My girls are super excited- as my Dad will be getting a dozen HAND MADE cards. 



I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday as well!

---------------------------------------

Writing Challenge Word of the Day:
SUMMER
Leaving the hospital was bittersweet.  I was beyond ready to head home and so very Thankful for Mac being by my bedside during my stay.  He also helped carry all the flower arrangements to the car, bless his soul, because it looked like every single, individual person from the department sent something over during the week of my stay. 

I felt good. I had rested. I had recharged and I was more ready than ever to help Charlotte. I was starting to remember things.  Things from my slumber in the hospital that were going on behind the closed eyelids that were seen to the naked eye on the outside.  I was Charlotte.  She was showing me the way through her own being.  I knew that I could take it one of two ways. I could take it as a lesson that I was learning, or I could take it as a tragedy that I was reliving, experiencing through my sister. I chose to take it as a detective and learn from it, find the clues and figure out what the hell was going on and how someone did this to my baby sister.

"You're in your own head, Kat." he said, startling me from my own thoughts.

"Sorry." I said as I looked out the window.  We were heading to the precinct and I was excited and nervous to be back to work. "I was just starting to remember things...from the coma."

"Oh yea." he said, his eyes perked up as he intently listened. 

"It's weird to be in that place where you exist but your are not a functioning human. You know what I mean?"

"I can't speak from experience or anything, but I am fascinated with the human brain being in that stagnant place."

"Exactly.  That is what it is. It is a dark, lonely, still place. B I N G O." I said amazed that he got it.
"I went somewhere in the bathroom. I remember looking in the mirror, only the reflection was not me.  It was Charlotte. She had been beaten, battered.  The blood that was smeared was that of her. I touched her blood and swirled it on the vanity in disbelief.  It went further though.  I was her. I saw her walking outside.  She looked normal, like the Char that I had grown up with.  Her hair was shimmering in the summer sunlight, a smile dancing a crossed her face, like it would when she was in love.  It was as if I were watching her, not her. I was just within the shadows. I could not see what was making her so happy, but something was within her reach.  She grabbed at her stomach.  Wait..she was with child."  With this new piece of information I grabbed at my own stomach. I felt sick. "Pull Over."

Mac pulled the car over on the shoulder and I got out quickly.  He was by my side just as fact and held my hair as I lost the egg breakfast he had fixed me thirty minutes before.  He held me after I had finished and I let this linger a little to long.  

"Oh my god, Mac.  She was pregnant in the Summer.  Do you think there is any fact to these..experiences that I am having?"

"We don't know, really. Her body was in bad shape to be able to identify if there had been a baby."

"It makes me sick. Someone did this to hide something. Who does this." 

He didn't say a word, he just held onto me, keeping me stable in his arms. He left me work out my thoughts and listened, taking it all in. 

I would forever be indebted to this man, this gentle, kind, manly man who was here for me when no one else way. 

-----------------------------------


~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...